How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

• New

ironman3044 wrote:

Looks like tapatalk got me too! GTvert90 is my screen name it was either tapatalk or we were discussing sata cards and I post a few links to cards.. Either way it seems like it was an error. I'd love to be back. LOL
      @GTvert90, your account has been unbanned.
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

New

ryecoaaron wrote:

ironman3044 wrote:

Looks like tapatalk got me too! GTvert90 is my screen name it was either tapatalk or we were discussing sata cards and I post a few links to cards.. Either way it seems like it was an error. I'd love to be back. LOL
      @GTvert90, your account has been unbanned.
      Thank you! Sucks there isn't a way to contact anyone without making a new name. Any idea what triggered the spam filter?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    • New

In the forum it seems posts are banned when adding external links or when editing a post relatively fast. But I do not know if these are triggers in case of Tapatalk as well. Unfortunately Tapatalk is not available for Windows 10 on mobile ;)
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • New

GTvert90 wrote:

Any idea what triggered the spam filter?
      Nope. I don't know much about the spam filter other than it doesn't get along with tapatalk sometimes.
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

New

There are 2 types of ban.

Editing a post relatively quickly only gets you a temporary ban IIRC, but the permanent ban caused by the Tapatalk is something to do with quoting a post. Tapatalk freaks at something and repeats the post. I am not entirely sure but have had reasonable success replicating this.

The forums antispam filter gives you a three strike policy. Your post is one, one quote makes it 2 (ie. Tapatalk will post twice). If you quote 2 or more times in a post it will make 3 or more attempts and results in a ban because it believes you are a pharmaceutical bot etc.

This problem does not occur in Android or via web (temp bans still occur for editing too quickly) but the main problem is the iOS app freaking at something specific to it’s code that disagrees with this forums antispam plugin. The Tapatalk guys originally thought it was just the forum being too trigger happy (and it’s true that it really is) but that doesn’t explain by the problem does not occur on Android or via web. It’s only iOS.

I haven’t had any response from the Tapatalk team in ages about this, I will bump the thread. I would advise those affected by it to make your voices heard. tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksu…burning-board-t39820.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New

YEP! Meanwhile, I have also been banned several times. I had to ask @ryecoaaron with my second account here to unlock me again.

I got banned when I did the following:

• Post a link to an external url
      • Edit my post to fast

Regards Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------