How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

• Hi guys,

today I posted in the following zfs thread and saw the following error message:

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

This post was done via google chrome browser "Version 66.0.3359.139 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)" and not via tapatalk. After reloading the thread everything looks as expected. What happened? I already saw this behavior in the past with the same result, but didn't report the error.

Is here anything we can do? Maybe this also relates to the tapatalk problem.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• If you’d tried that post via the app, I suspect it would have banned you. It’s something to do with that error that makes Tapatalk freak out and post again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @votdev Anything you can do to solve that issue?

I didn't do anything special. I wrote my post quoted @ryecoaaron's post and brought some code to it. I saw this message after the first try to post.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Ok, that seems to be the problem. But why isn't it banning me via chrome while posting something like this via tapatalk results in ban?

So, if that issue of the forum software gets solved, we have a chance that we won't get banned via tapatalk anymore. Nevertheless tapatalk seems to do something unnormal when this happens.

Greetings Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Because Tapatalk doesn’t know how to handle the error and repeat posts. This results in the forum banning as if you were a spam bot. This only occurs under iOS Tapatalk though. On Android, the error occurs, but it does not repeat post.

You are right, I think either one being solved will do the trick for us as users of the forum. If the forum doesn’t throw the error, Tapatalk won’t freak. But then Tapatalk shouldn’t freak anyway. The error has highlighted a very rare and unusual bug.

There is obviously a difference in the Tapatalk iOS code that needs fixing. The forum errors also need addressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Ok, so the omv forum admin should solve the issue and also the tapatalk developer should solve issue in the iOS app...

Greetings Hoppel

• At the moment Tapatalk isn’t working anymore.

@votdev Is this an expected behavior? I am asking because „some“ of the European forum admins (respective the hole it sector) is talking about GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO - Datenschutzgrundverordnung). Did you decide to deactivate Tapatalk support?

Regards Hoppel

• Yeah I've just noticed this... I thought I'd been banned again but I haven't.

It might be that the Tapatalk guys are messing with server side stuff. They said they'd changed something back when they originally thought they fixed it, and it wasn't an app or plugin update, so I can only assume they changed something to do with Tapatalk communicating with their servers. Maybe they have done something like that again?

• Tapatalk still isn’t working for me. I’ve tried Android too and that doesn’t work either. I’m still getting notifications, but no content will load.

@votdev I’m not usually one to hassle but can you confirm if the plugin is deactivated? The plugins have been updated for GDPR compliance so I’m hoping this isn’t the case but it would be good to know if Tapatalk is done and dusted here.

• I am also interested to know if tapatalk is deactivated or some other kind of issue. Personal messages still work with tapatalk here at the openmediavault forum.

• Thanks for answering. This information is great! :)

But tapatalk isn‘t working as expected with the openmediavault forum. If I open the topmost thread:

I see the following messages:

Any idea?

Thanks and regards Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too.

I understand that it’s a headache right now, but Tapatalk is the only thing of it’s kind.

I am sure this is just GDPR update related teething issues. If you are willing to persevere a little longer, it would be very much appreciated.

There are 2 forums I like to visit that don’t use Tapatalk. I visit them very little and miss things because the options are either: have a constant stream of emails from the forums or remember to keep checking them.

I am sure this will be resolved soon.

• No, please do not deactivate tapatalk. If the Plugin gets deactivated, I won’t be able to track the threads I am interested in anymore.

I use tapatalk to aggregate the changes and answers in threads I follow of all the forums I am participating. I think, my activity in this forum decreases dramatically without tapatalk.

Regards Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!