How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

At the moment Tapatalk isn’t working anymore.

@votdev Is this an expected behavior? I am asking because „some“ of the European forum admins (respective the hole it sector) is talking about GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO - Datenschutzgrundverordnung). Did you decide to deactivate Tapatalk support?

Regards Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | kernel 4.4 lts | proxmox | openmediavault | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • New

Yeah I've just noticed this... I thought I'd been banned again but I haven't.

It might be that the Tapatalk guys are messing with server side stuff. They said they'd changed something back when they originally thought they fixed it, and it wasn't an app or plugin update, so I can only assume they changed something to do with Tapatalk communicating with their servers. Maybe they have done something like that again?
    • New

Tapatalk still isn’t working for me. I’ve tried Android too and that doesn’t work either. I’m still getting notifications, but no content will load.

@votdev I’m not usually one to hassle but can you confirm if the plugin is deactivated? The plugins have been updated for GDPR compliance so I’m hoping this isn’t the case but it would be good to know if Tapatalk is done and dusted here.
    • New

I am also interested to know if tapatalk is deactivated or some other kind of issue. Personal messages still work with tapatalk here at the openmediavault forum.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
      backend software - debian | kernel 4.4 lts | proxmox | openmediavault | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • New

The plugin is updated and activated
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • New

Thanks for answering. This information is great! :)

But tapatalk isn‘t working as expected with the openmediavault forum. If I open the topmost thread:

I see the following messages:

Any idea?

Thanks and regards Hoppel

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoppel118 ().

• New

Thanks for confirming. I’m getting the same as hoppel.

I guess if everything is good on this end, we go back to the Tapatalk forums!

If this app wasn’t so convenient 95% of the time, I swear I wouldn’t put up with it!

Edit: I smell a “GDPR plugin update” rat: Problems logging into AVS Forum
      r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share…%3Ft%3D40064&share_type=t

The post was edited 1 time, last by ellnic ().

• New

Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • New

votdev wrote:

Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too.
      I understand that it’s a headache right now, but Tapatalk is the only thing of it’s kind.

I am sure this is just GDPR update related teething issues. If you are willing to persevere a little longer, it would be very much appreciated.

There are 2 forums I like to visit that don’t use Tapatalk. I visit them very little and miss things because the options are either: have a constant stream of emails from the forums or remember to keep checking them.

I am sure this will be resolved soon.
    • New

No, please do not deactivate tapatalk. If the Plugin gets deactivated, I won’t be able to track the threads I am interested in anymore.

I use tapatalk to aggregate the changes and answers in threads I follow of all the forums I am participating. I think, my activity in this forum decreases dramatically without tapatalk.

Regards Hoppel
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest