How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

• @votdev we've had a response from Tapatalk about 'get thread' error:

"when the App tries to get topic from the forum, the forum's server throws back a 500 internal error.
    I'll send a note to the forum admin to see if anything has been done recently. I'll ask if they could send us any error log there may be associated with Tapatalk usage. PHP, web service and the application log. See if you could request the same. Thanks."

Is it possible to get these logs for them?

• I will collect the logs asap.

Hi Volker,

any news about this?

Howdy wrote that you don’t have access to the server logs:

https://www.tapatalk.com/group…d-t39820-s30.html#p208143

Anything else that can be done here?

It’s really hard for me to stay up to date. I would like to see the tapatalk support again.

Thanks and regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Check, got an error message while editing my post to add the tapatalk link. Will do the same again in this new post.

EDIT: Adding the following link:

https://www.tapatalk.com/group…d-t39820-s30.html#p208143

EDIT2: The post is under administration now, got the error message again, see the following screenshots:

Maybe also a security feature? I used the mobile web browser.

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Two month' later... I am not present at the omv forum, since the plugin is off!

Any news about the tapatalk integration?

Please, reactivate the tapatalk plugin again.

Thanks and regards Hoppel

• +1 I am checking manually [and not regularly at that] but am missing a ton so the forum experience is miserable for me. :(

Just to add though, the plugin is active but it needs troubleshooting. Something to do with the forums anti spam is interfering with it. Specifically, the Tapatalk devs logged in and can see the the forum is throwing a 500 error to the app.

The Tapatalk devs have said they will help and are waiting ready... BUT - they need the forum logs to see why the error is being thrown. I have requested these and so have the devs directly.

Last and certainly not least, I put a lot of time and effort into getting the original problem rectified. I recorded videos, tested tested tested, hassled the Tapatalk guys even though they were adamant that the forum is to blame. I feel extremely disappointed that we have fallen at the last hurdle. This is not meant to upset, but just how I feel. There is nothing more I can do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I can't help much here, I think both of you are important members of the forum and don't require tapatalk to participate :(

• Well, having thought about how I can best work round this for now, I have come to the conclusion that a separate email and app with instant notifications are the best option in the meantime. My default mail app only has audible notifications and badges because I get too much mail already. This approach would increase that amount, so it needs segregation. Will trial and see how it goes

Just in case anyone else would like to do this, on my iPhone I did the following:

1. Create an email account just for OMV
    2. Download Edison Mail app from App Store - because it has awesome features
    3. Add email account to it
    4. Login to OMV via web and change email to newly created one
    5. Set OMV notification prefs to Instant notification via email for all required [in the forum CP]
    6. Set Edison to have notification banners for all
    7. Set unique alert tone for Edison to differentiate between it and normal mail or Tapatalk
    8. Set Edison to open links via your chosen browser or its own
    9. Disable Edison’s organise mail by thread option

Time will tell, but this should hopefully provide a better experience than manually checking.

• Hrm, it's not quite as all singing all dancing as I had hoped. I appear to only be getting one email for this thread. For this to work, I need it to spam me. Even once viewed I didn't get a further email so their must be a time out.

• @ryecoaaron Thanks, but it's hard for me to stay updated. I am still only online here, if I need to know something.

@ellnic Any news about your experience with that workaround in daily use?

Regards Hoppel

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I'm not used to the tapatalk experience, I use notifications and the unread posts link. Notifications work ok for me. I think the unread posts link is only usable if you visit the forum multiple times per day without notification.

• Ok, I have to think about it, when I have a little bit of spare time. Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!