No WebGui Login after upgrade OMV 2 --> OMV 3

• Hi all,

i know that this has been discussed several time and i tried to follow many of the mentioned solution but i can't get it working :(

Webgui is working but i can't login:

Get this error message:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Login via SSH is OK and i guess i missed to remove some plugins before starting the upgrade.

As not only OMV is running at this machine clean installation is not an option and i like to fix it.

Can somebody please help?

Best regards

Mirko

• Hi,

i did a fallback to OMV2.

Can somebody please tell which plugins i need to remove before i try the upgrade once again?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can check omv-extras.org which plugins are available for OMV3.
    For sure owncloud is not available. It has been abandoned quite some time ago.

You have to keep openmediavualt-keyring. It is not a plugin.

• Hi,

sorry for late reply but i was on a buisiness trip and just arrived at home.

I try to remove all Plugins except nginx and mysql as they should be available for OMV3 as well if i understand correct.

But i have a issue to remove owncloud "plugin".

As you can see from screenshot owncloud is already removed:

After i removed it via webgui i did a system restart but with:

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm

it's still visible and i have no idea how to remove:

Can somebody please assist?

Best regards

• It's not working.

Got this error message:

Code
    root@openmediavault ~ > dpkg --purge openmediavault-owncloud
    (Lese Datenbank ... 78537 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
    Entfernen von openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Löschen der Konfigurationsdateien von openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openmediavault-owncloud (--purge):
     Unterprozess installiertes post-removal-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
     openmediavault-owncloud
  • Still not OK

• The reason for all this was that the program files could be removed, but the post-removal program was not able to clean up config files.

I am curious. Can you please run dpkg -l | grep openm again.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hello - I thought I removed owncloud via the gui before trying to upgrade, but its still there when I run dpkg -l | grep openm.

I tried to remove and purge, but got this

I noticed the original poster said that they went back to OMV 2. How do I do that?

Thanks for the help.

On a side note, I think I'm going to try Rsyncing my data from OMV to my WD Mycloud nas. Which will be new experience for me. And then just do a fresh install.

• The reason for all this was that the program files could be removed, but the post-removal program was not able to clean up config files.

I am curious. Can you please run dpkg -l | grep openm again.

Sorry, on a Business trip. Maybe i can find some time next weekend to try once again.

Hi,

Went back to OMV2 with using a backup.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!