Virtualbox Guest addition where ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin doesn't download the ISO. You can get it here though - http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Once we download the file, where does it get placed? I downloaded the most recent ISO (5.2.0) and put it in the directory indicated in the error message (/usr/share/virtualbox/), but I still keep getting the error everytime I try to install it from the VirtualBox Settings menu.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not sure where it needs to be to "install" it but you can put it anywhere (as long as the vbox user has privileges to access it) for attaching to the VM. You could even download the iso to the guest and extract it to run the installer. When you "install" it, it just attaches the ISO to the VM and starts the setup program for you.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I'm not sure where it needs to be to "install" it but you can put it anywhere (as long as the vbox user has privileges to access it) for attaching to the VM. You could even download the iso to the guest and extract it to run the installer. When you "install" it, it just attaches the ISO to the VM and starts the setup program for you.

Maybe I'm not doing things right.

I create a new VM. Start the new VM. If I then console into the VM, my mouse is not synced properly.

So I go the the VirtualBox page, and click on "Settings", and choose "install guest additions".

When I click on that, I get the following:

I have placed the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso in the folder indicated in the error message, and it have full permissions.

I did try as you suggested, and copied the iso to the guest OS and launched it from there, and that worked. But to be able to do that I had to use the wonky mouse to navigate on the guest desktop, which was somewhat frustrating.

My understanding is that clicking the "install guest settings" is that the VB is supposed to automatically mount the ISO in the guest and then run it. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I admittedly am a VB noob :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

My understanding is that clicking the "install guest settings" is that the VB is supposed to automatically mount the ISO in the guest and then run it. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I admittedly am a VB noob

That is correct but you still have to click on things. Not much we can do to fix that. Maybe using remotebox would be better than phpvirtualbox.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it is too hard for me to explain. I will see about making a video.

• As i dit it yesterday.

Download the right .iso file matching your installed VirtualBox Version.
    Copy the file u downloaded to /usr/share/virtualbox/
    And rename it to VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

this worked for me as well

Tom

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!