Virtualbox Upgrade from 5.0 > 5.1 - howto

• Folks,

as trying to install Win10 as guest-os and stucking with boot-error even on upgrade for Win7-VM, I read several posts about updating to VBox 5.1.

In the past I managed to install Vbox 5.0 along this thread.

I think I would manage to rewrite the vb5_install.sh to download the newest files, even use already downloaded files. But what about the "virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.0.2_all.deb" - I didn't found any working package.

Does anyone manage to install VBox 5.1 onto latest OMV 2.x?

Regards.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone manage to install VBox 5.1 onto latest OMV 2.x?

You would need the packages for 5.1.x and I haven't tried building the virtualbox 5.1 packages on OMV 2.x. I did build virtualbox 5.1.26 for OMV 3.x though. I recommend installing OMV 3.x.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well I guessed you might write this ;)

Do I need "virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.x.y_all.deb"? In case I add the ExtPack manually would that help?

Is it possible in OMV3 to initiate automatic updates for VBox?

Auch das geht vorbei ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Pfeifenraucher ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I need "virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.x.y_all.deb"? In case I add the ExtPack manually would that help?

Do you need it for what? Are you trying to install the 3.x packages on 2.x? Either way, the plugin depends on the virtualbox-ext-pack-installer package even if you install the extpack manually.

Is it possible in OMV3 to initiate automatic updates for VBox?

Nope. Why would you want to? The update should show up in the OMV Updates tab. Updating works best when all VMs are shut down as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ryecoaaron,

thanx for your help. Due to EOM of OMV2 I try to move to OMV3 - hopefully I can solve those minor issues. I need to get up vbox for running a headless vdr-server.

regards

Auch das geht vorbei ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Pfeifenraucher ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!