MyWebSQL : Unable to connect

• Hi,

Since i updated OMV to 4.0 (4.0.5-1 exactly), i can't connect to mysql with mywebsql ("database connection failed to the server"), but in shell with "mysql -u root -p", it's working.

So i've tried to uninstall all the Mysql components :

And then reinstall the plugin with the OMV WebGUI, but no result.

I think that the "Reset password" in the OMV webgui not work because in "/etc/mysql/debian.cnf" the root password is always empty.

My config is default : 127.0.0.1 / 3306.

Any idea ?

OMV 4.0.14-1
    omvextrasorg + Deluge + MiniDLNA + MySQL + Nginx + Nextcloud 12
    Pentium G4600 | Asrock H170M-ITX/AC | 4Go DDR4 | 120Go SSD + 6To RAID5 | Kolink Satellite | 400W Lepa

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will have to look at this. The switch to php7 may be causing issues. We may also be missing something that happens in the upgrade process.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your work and your time.

For the moment MySQL is just a my DB for nextcloud. So i worked with shell, just create a database for nextcloud and grant permissions to root with a password :

Zitat

CREATE DATABASE nextcloud;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***password***';

And it works.

OMV 4.0.14-1
    Pentium G4600 | Asrock H170M-ITX/AC | 4Go DDR4 | 120Go SSD + 6To RAID5 | Kolink Satellite | 400W Lepa

• MyWebSQL is working fine with the new MySQL 4.1.1 Plugin ;)

Thanks for this fast job !

OMV 4.0.14-1

• Interestingly, I just had the same problem with 4.1.1, but after creating the db for nc and granting root permissions as described above, I can access it via the webfront again.

• Hello community,
    Excuse my bad english.I am French speaking.

I have encountered the same problem for 4 days. I have tried all the previous procedures, reinstall the system.I am under omv 4, in ssh with "mysql -u root -p" I also connect but via MyWebSql impossible "The database connection failed on the server"have you found a solution?

• Hello pwepwe, I'v got the same issue (french too). In SSH I can connect into my SQL with root password, but in OMV (via MyWebSQL GUI it doesn't works ...)

Need help to configure and access GUI for installing new Database :)T
    Thanks for your help

• I have the same problem after upgrading from OMV3.X to 4.1.16. Meanwhile I could solve the problem by creating a user "root2"

https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/MySQL/

Login als root

Code
    sudo mysql -u root -p

Create a new user, e.g. "root2" with the password "secret":

Code
    create user 'root2'@'localhost' identified by 'secret';

Free all databases for the user

Code
    grant all on *.* to 'root2'@'localhost' identified by 'secret' with grant option;

and finally update the database

Code
    flush privileges;

and log out

Code
    quit

Now I can log in successfully via the plugin Mysql in OMV (user-ID "root2" password "secret")

under tools I delete the root@localhost account.

then I create a new "root" account with password

now only unsubscribe

login via root should be possible

good luck trying it out :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!