Not possible to write on the disk

• OMV 3.x
    • Not possible to write on the disk

Hello.
      I'm a beginner. I'm successfully succeed to instal the OS and do a NAS.
      I use "Services/Bitorrent/Files and location", and system says :
      "The user debian-transmission is missing write permissions on this directory."
      when i choose the folder to download to.

In Transmission : "Error: Permission denied (/srv/dev-disk-by-label-NASDISK/Torrent/Kong Skull Island 2017 1080p VFF EN X264 AC3-mHDgz.mkv)"
      What is this user ? How to modify it ?
      How to create a user (me) with privilege that allow the torrent to write ?
      Tk's.
      Rock 64 - 1 Go Ram - SD Card System on + OMV (Debian) 3.0.88 Erasmus - Linux 44.77 - 118 + Official POWER SUPPLY 3A/5V + Official ACRYLIC OPEN ENCLOSURE.
    • Hello
      do you know how to move files with a simple line command (avoiding transfert via windows) in openmediavault ?
      I need to move large files from one folder to another, but using SMB, but it goes thrue the network; not directly

Tks
      Rock 64 - 1 Go Ram - SD Card System on + OMV (Debian) 3.0.88 Erasmus - Linux 44.77 - 118 + Official POWER SUPPLY 3A/5V + Official ACRYLIC OPEN ENCLOSURE.
    • From Windows you need a program like Putty.
      When you start Putty you need to enter the IP of your NAS. Port is 22.
      In connection type use SSH.

An alternative (and probably easier) is to install the shellinabox-plugin. First plug-in in the list.
      The plug-in makes it possible to use the CLI using SSH from the web-gui. So you can use the CLI in a browser tab.
      BananaPi - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV3.x 64bit
    • Hi.
      shellinabox-plugin seems good.
      the two first plug in are :

So i do not have this plug in. How to ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by letomtom ().

• Here is how to install omv-extras
      OMV-Extras.org Plugin

But it is strange: you have the rsnapshot-plugin which is also part of omv-extras. Enable the testing repo (second slider). Not sure if this is working as shellinabox is in the stable repo according to omv-extras.org.

Which device are you using? BananaPi or other ARM type?

BananaPi - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV3.x 64bit

The post was edited 2 times, last by macom ().

• If you cannot install shellinabox, you can use putty. It is quite easy. Just insert the IP of your OMV and check the other settings I marked in the picture.
      IP is the same as the one you use in the browser.

The post was edited 1 time, last by macom ().

• Tk's
      macom
      and sorry for the delaY.

I try using Petty; all seems good but then the window ask fro login and password.
      I have only web admin login and pass and acces right management.
      Do i need to have the root admin Debian acces ?
    • Not sure about the credentials. It might be
      username: root
      password: openmediavault

If that is not working, you need to create a user in the GUI of OMV and add him to the "sudo" and "ssh" group.
    • macom wrote:

If that is not working
      ...someone didn't read the few lines here: github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases (SSH access for root has to be enabled first, we don't want an open backdoor on OMV images :) So @letomtom should then immediately change root password or better follow your advice to create a separate user)
      'OMV problems' with XU4 and Cloudshell 2? Nope, read this first. 'OMV problems' with Cloudshell 1? Nope, just Ohm's law or queue size.
    • macom wrote:

It is getting a bit complicated with the different versions of default credentials for SSH access
      Hmm... isn't it root:openmediavault everywhere? But on all the ARM images SSH access for root has either be enabled first or as you suggested an own user account belonging to sudo and ssh groups has to be created.

On most recent OMV Armbian images also root password change is forced at first login.
      'OMV problems' with XU4 and Cloudshell 2? Nope, read this first. 'OMV problems' with Cloudshell 1? Nope, just Ohm's law or queue size.
    • Hi macom, tk's it was the password, you're right.
      I succeed.
      I'm looking to find how to change it.
      Tk's dude

macom wrote:

Not sure about the credentials. It might be

If that is not working, you need to create a user in the GUI of OMV and add him to the "sudo" and "ssh" group.
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest