How to share folder omv samba user and windows user is same but password is different?

• Hi

I have problem when omv samba user and windows user is same but password
    is different the user no longer have access to their share folder.
    Unless you set both username and password are same else i can find anyway to make it work.
    When you \\nas_ip it will prompt for username and password here u have
    to put username guest then you can browser all shared folder on omv but
    when you try to click
    on the other folder it will also prompt for username and password here
    the vaild username and password folder the folder are unable to access.

Please share your experience

OMV 3.0.88

OMV user = abc password = 0123
    Windows user = abc password = 12345

tks

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV user = abc password = 0123
    Windows user = abc password = 12345

Change the password for user abc, in OMV, to 12345.

If user names and passwords match in OMV and Windows, in most cases, the user with get access to shared folders without being prompted for credentials.

Also, in my public Samba shares (music, videos, etc.), I set "guest allowed". This allows anyone with at least read access to base shared folders (above) to look at and play media in the corresponding Samba shares advertised on the network.

There are lot's of ways to set permissions. This is something that, unless you're willing to open up shares to "everyone", is not cut and dry. There are lots of ways to do the same thing. Try to find a bit of reading on basic Linux permissions and how to set some of the extra options for Samba shares. (For example, how to set a user up to write a "Read Only" share, in extra options.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!