OMV Partition Space Issue

• Greetings,

I have OMV setup on a Raspberry PI 2 using a 16GB SD Card. I have been using this for around a year and now one of the partitions has run out of space. Another partition, mmcblk0p3 has lot of unused space and I was thinking may be there is a way to resize that partition and merge some of it with the OMV partition.

For the past week I have been Googling and reading lot of threads about this where various solutions were mentioned like using Gparted or something and some threads were so technical that a Windows user like me gets lost between Linux commands or gets scared to try them out. I have had issues in the past where things got broken and I searched for solutions and fixed the problems by reading but for this time around I am not really sure how do I go about fixing this particular problem.

Can you guys help me with this? I just want to put this idle partition to some use. What are my options?

Thanking you all in advance for any help/guidance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use Gparted. It works the same on an SD-card or USB thumb drive as it does on a spinning hard drive.

You can use any PC with an SD-Card slot. (With SD-card inserted) boot onto a Gparted CD. When the window comes up, in the right top drop down menu, make sure you're editing the 16GB SD-card (and not the local hard drive).

As Wolf2000 said, delete the 3rd partition and use Gparted to resize / expand the OMV partition. If you add the space that was freed up to the OMV partition (about 10GB), the problem you're having is not likely to repeat.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!