- I'm using usb backup for the first time and having one issue, I tried to look in the forum for similar threads, but didn't find them.
Here is the message I've got as soon as I insert the usb hard disk wait and the unplug.
Also I would expect the hard drive's light to slowly blink as when the same disk is safe ejected on windows (cofirmation of hard disk ejected properly) but it never happens, it stays with a fixed light (like when the hard disk is doing nothing not reading\writing just stays plugged in waiting)
I don't know if depends on the kind of format anyway the external hard disks are formatted in fat32 (I need them to be plug and play in windows machine) and are usb 3.0.
Everything seems to work fine, the files are backed up fine, the only thing is this error msg on dmesg, does it mean it doesn't eject the hard disk properly or should I ignore them? I would like not to corrupt the disks saving backups
- Also I have a question about Rsnapshot plugin, I installed and configured it, but it seems it works only if I select the job created and click on Run on the webgui, I was expecting it to work on its own, do I need to create a systemd service or a cron\anacron job to autostart automatically daily?
- # Create cron file
- # This is the cron file for openmediavault-rsnapshot.
- # The file /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot will mirror
- # the jobs that are configured in the plugin.
- # m h dom mon dow user command
- 5 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot hourly
- 30 3 * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot daily
- 0 3 * * 1 root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot weekly
- 30 2 1 * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot monthly
- 00 2 1 1 * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot yearly
If not I misunderstanding, I would expect the snapshot run every 5 min hourly or every 30 min daily, but it doesn't seems so.
and here is my rsnapshot plugin config:
Am I missing something here?
The post was edited 4 times, last by Wek: fixed mistakes rsnapshot config added ().