Trouble Installing 3.0.86 from scratch

• I have a Dell R710 that I was previously running OMV 3 on (whatever version before 3.0.86). I messed up some configs and was having trouble with some plugins and Docker and decided to blow it up and start from scratch...

I am installing 3.0.86 from USB. The installation refuses to pick up a DHCP address. I tried different NICs, different cables, manual/auto/auto with hostname, etc... I wind up just going through the install, getting the base on it, and then running omv-firstaid, which Immediately allows me to connect with DHCP and go on my merry way...

In the web-gui, it refuses to let me do updates through the gui.... I am forced to apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade. I then do omv-initsystem and then set httpd allow. I now want to install plugins... I installed the 3.0x 3rd party plugin package, and then basically any plugin I try to install, it gives me errors that the packages have unmet dependencies. example:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-sonarr : Depends: libmono-cil-dev (>= 3.1) but it is not installable
    Depends: sqlite3 (>= 3.7) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: mediainfo (>= 0.7.52) but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

(btw... why does the error window insist on auto-scrolling so that I cant copy/paste with it???)

I am at a complete loss as to what to do.... I tried using the old 3.0.xx installation media, but it still complains about DHCP and then immediately allows me to get it after installation...

I have formatted the USB, tried different installation methods, etc... it all leads back to this... is the fact that it cant get a mirror somehow breaking the install, which then disallows me to do plugins or something to that effect? I am really struggling here, as I don't really want to have to go and find a different NAS OS....

Thanks!

UPDATE:
    I used the fix "donh" gave me and after installing OMV without a network connection, I ran the omv-firstaid, established a connection, and then updated my /etc/apt/sources.list (I am in the US, so I just used the ones from his post). ran updates and could install and update plugins with no issues...

Maybe this is a bug? I feel that the install should still honor your debian source choices, even if it can't establish them (or at least have a option?) Otherwise, someone needs to manually go in and modify this. Maybe a web-gui option to modify apt sources.list or something?

Thanks for the help!!!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von krimson () aus folgendem Grund: resolved!

• never seen something like that...maybe the usb you are making the bootable os with is corrupted?!

Have you tried to install debian jessie oldstable minimal (with just utilities) and then add the omv3 repo on it manually as per the wiki?

I would try that and see if it works with a new usb stick (especially the part with the dhcp problem), if it is maybe was really the crapped out usb so you could also try with the vanilla omv3, just to rule out it's not a problem of iso.

• Sound like you could have a DNS problem, which is needed to fetch packages. Reboot/change the router?

Or

You could install on different hardware and move the hard drive to the R710.

Fan of OMV, but not a fan of over-complication.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since you had no network during the install your /etc/apt/sources.list may not have setup correctly. Don't have access to one now but you should be able to find one online somewhere.

When that is right, do apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade at the cli.

PS: Here is onee for US looks like.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von donh ()

• Sound like you could have a DNS problem, which is needed to fetch packages. Reboot/change the router?

Or

You could install on different hardware and move the hard drive to the R710.

I doubt it's a DNS issue, as immediately after OMV is installed, the network works fine... It just doesn't seem to want to get a DHCP lease for some reason. I have rebooted the router and tried different network ports. I did consider your second option, but wasn't sure how much trouble that would cause down the line.. it's probably minimal so I might try that.

Since you had no network during the install your /etc/apt/sources.list may not have setup correctly. Don't have access to one now but you should be able to find one online somewhere.

When that is right, do apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade at the cli.

PS: Here is onee for US looks like.

Awesome, this might be what I need... I will reinstall and try this out.. thank you!

never seen something like that...maybe the usb you are making the bootable os with is corrupted?!

Have you tried to install debian jessie oldstable minimal (with just utilities) and then add the omv3 repo on it manually as per the wiki?

I would try that and see if it works with a new usb stick (especially the part with the dhcp problem), if it is maybe was really the crapped out usb so you could also try with the vanilla omv3, just to rule out it's not a problem of iso.

I thought of the USB drive as well, so I tried 2 different USB drives, and like 4 different OMV install .iso's and they all behaved similarly. Maybe Ill try installing debian vanilla and adding OMV on top of that as a last resort.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!