Public key not available for OMV Extras Plugins

• When I add the the OMV Extras plugins repository, I usually use the commands:

gpg --recv-keys EDEE7D73 && gpg --export EDEE7D73 | sudo apt-key add -

or

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EDEE7D73

However, whgen I run the command "sudo apt-get update", I'm getting the following error message:

[...]
    Fetched 4,327 B in 11s (362 B/s)
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://packages.omv-extras.org erasmus InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY AAA3036B30B2308A

How can I rectify this situation to move forward?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you add the key? The omv-extras package exists to add the key and repos.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why do you add the key? The omv-extras package exists to add the key and repos.

I need to add the key to update the apt-get repository for the OMV Extras Plugins that I'm adding with the command

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ erasmus main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-kralizec.list'

Otherwise, the "sudo apt-get update" always fails with the error message explained above.

It always worked fine in the past for me when doing a new installation of OMV 3.x and then OMV Extra Plugins. Not sure what has changed now...

• I rebooted the server again and have executed the command

gpg --recv-keys EDEE7D73 && gpg --export EDEE7D73 | sudo apt-key add -

which provides the output

gpg: requesting key EDEE7D73 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
    gpg: key EDEE7D73: "OpenMediaVault Plugin Developers <plugins@omv-extras.org>" not changed
    gpg: Total number processed: 1
    gpg: unchanged: 1
    OK

which seems to be OK, as I've done above step already before.

Now, launching again the command "sudo apt-get update", it shows the following output:

[...]
    Fetched 4,327 B in 11s (361 B/s)
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://packages.omv-extras.org erasmus InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY AAA3036B30B2308A

So, to me it looks like the public key is not available for the moment for some reason...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Otherwise, the "sudo apt-get update" always fails with the error message explained above.

Those are warnings not errors. You should be installing this way (or upload the .deb to the OMV web interface):

I see no warnings in apt-get update after this.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for the pointer above. I went even further and fired the following command:

sudo apt-get -y install openmediavault-omvextrasorg

which indeed did install the package, and when launching the OMV Web GUI, I can see the the "System -> OMV-Extras" panel now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!