Do Rsync + Rsnapshot have to consume double space on same disk?

• Hope a expert on Rsnapshot can help me here. (The internet could not)
    I use DeltaCopy client on pc to transfer data to a shared folder 'Daily-backup' in OMV.
    Enabled Rsnapshot and use 'Daily-backup' as source, and create a new share 'Rsnapshot' as destination.
    Now the data is doubled up on my disk.
    It seems like Rsync is doing it's thing in 'Daily-backup', and Rsnapshot is doing it's thing in Rsnapshot'.
    is this correct behaviour? Or is there a more efficient way to do this.

I have only Rsync and Rsnapshot service enabled on the box, as I dont want any cryptovirus messing with my backup.
    system: OMV 2.214

Thank you very much :) .

• From what you say I understand the following:

• You are using rsync service to copy files to OMV into Daily-backups and then
    • you are using rsnapshot to copy from Daily-backups to rsnapshot (possibly keeping hard linked history)

So you have 2 copies of your files one in Daily-backup and a history with hard links in rsnapshot.

Is this what you wanted? Don`t know

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!