Include dm_mod kernel module?

• I'm having a hard time getting a Raspberry Pi NAS working with a encrypted external harddisk.
    (I know it's not the best hardware, but I'd like to try this first before investing in other platforms)

It was encrypted with LUKS, which seems common. Normally I should be able to mount it after running:

sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda1 my_encrypted_volume
    But this results in:

Cannot initialize device-mapper. Is dm_mod kernel module loaded?

I've used the image from: https://sourceforge.net/projec…/Raspberry%20Pi%20images/

Wouldn't it make sense to include a kernel module that's required for a common encryption standard?

Installing the openmediavault-luksencryption plugin didn't seem to help.

• Hi,

I have the same problem as Peter had over 2 years ago.

I'm using the openvault raspberry image and I can't use encryption due to lacking device-mapper support.

I can't load the dm_mod module (the modules folder for the actual kernel does not exist at all).

I appreciate any help an can give further information about my system on request.

Thanks

Ollej

• Ok, solved by reinstalling the raspberry kernel and getting rid of the existing modules. May help if somebody else stumbles over this.

Code
    apt-get install --reinstall --yes raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel
    	apt-get purge --yes linux-image-next-rockchip
    	reboot

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!