Help with union filesystem

• Hi everyone,
    I'm testing the plug-in "union filesystem" so that I will use it on my existing raid 1.
    Right now I have this configuration:
    test1 and test2 -> test partions
    test -> the FS made by UFS with the rules "existing path, most free space"

I create a folder "Try" with a file Try.txt on the inside, but I can't find it in neither test1 or test2
    I tryed then to create a folder "Next_try" inside test1, but then again I can't see it from test

What i'm doing wrong? Why I can't see folder create insiete "test" in test1 or test2 and viceversa?

P.s. yeah, I have much fantasy with names!

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• up!
    Can anyone tell me whatt I'm doing wrong? :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like your pool isn't mounted. Either reboot and try again -or- post the output of:

cat /etc/fstab
    mount

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi everyone,
    I'm testing the plug-in "union filesystem" so that I will use it on my existing raid 1.
    Right now I have this configuration:
    test1 and test2 -> test partions
    test -> the FS made by UFS with the rules "existing path, most free space"

I do not understand why you can use a union filesystem on a raid 1.

raid 1 is a mirror of two disk , rigth, so i do not find the sense to use union file system.

I find sense if you have 2 ext4 separate disk and want to use like a JOBD to store files on it and do not need to know in wich disk the file are stored

• Sounds like your pool isn't mounted. Either reboot and try again -or- post the output of:

cat /etc/fstab
    mount

This is the output of cat:

This is the output of mount:

Also I rebooted my NAs, and after it woke up the RAID1 that I built wan't there anymore :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

1:2 on /srv/d4dbecef-0281-42f7-a4ea-92d88e62f9c0

Strange that it has 1:2 instead of the actual drives for your mergerfs pool. What is the output of:

blkid
    df -h

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!