OMV No longer boots

• I installed OMV and managed to get into the WebUI after getting the ethernet interface working through omv-firstaid. Being new to OMV I was exploring the options until I got to the updates section, where I started installing the updates one-by-one because installing all at once would not work. After installing a few updates I got an error with no details. If I clicked any other menu, or anything really, I'd get the error. I rebooted the server and now it only boots to the grub CLI where omv-firstaid doesn't work.

I'm good with Windows and GUIs all around but I was only ever basic with Windows CMD at best so I don't know what commands I can use to sort this out in the grub CLI. Any help here?

EDIT: So I came across this super helpful page and I'll give that a go tomorrow. Don't really have much time to mess about on weekdays but if that doesn't work I'll go ahead with a reinstall. This is actually a test install to mess around with before setting up for real so breaking things for the sake of learning is a-ok.

• After browsing through all of the directories it seems the CFG file just disappeared, potentially during one of the updates or for some other reason I can't think of. Ended up doing a fresh install.

Is there a known issue with the ethernet interfaces not working during the install? From my multiple installs it wouldn't get a connection whether set to dynamic or static IP but omv-firstaid always seems to get it running. I confirmed the ethernet was up and running before the install so not sure what to think.

Seems all fine now though, will have a good play around with it tomorrow, interface seems friendly enough.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!