SD-Card damaged

• after 1 year already 2 sd-cards are damaged.
    I use the BananaPi as Plex Server and JDownloader.
    Is there any option I must activate to protect the sd-card? I don't want to buy every 6 month a new one.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using the flashmemory plugin?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• my fstab:

# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM

# 512 MB swapfile
    #/swapfile1 swap swap defaults 0 0
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=e5018b5d-adef-4e8e-861a-b5ade1499dfd /media/e5018b5d-adef-4e8e-861a-b5ade1499dfd ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Switch before "Plugin will be fully activated after a reboot. If fs2ram package is detected you will be logged out while it is purged" is activated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, the plugin is installed and enabled? I would think about moving to OMV 3.x as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was just looking for a yes or no :) Is jdownloader writing to the sd card or to a data drive?

• JD is writing to a sata-data drive (Directory to store downloads is the data drive). (hopefully directly, without "pre-writing" it to the sd-card)
    As "freigegebener Ordner" I use the data drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something must be writing to the system drive then. Do you shutdown the system all the time?

• Get a larger than needed SD card and it will wear out later (8 GB needed and 64GB bought --> 6 months * 8 = 4 years)

Check especially the links at the top https://forum.armbian.com/inde…/954-sd-card-performance/

And start over with latest OMV 3.0.87 image for BPi, it contains all the tools and necessary settings to help nailing down the problem if it persists (eg. you can use iotop and friends to get a clue who's writing)

• What Image would you suggest?

https://sourceforge.net/projec…s/Other%20armhf%20images/

No need to follow any outdated tutorials, the new ARM images are all the results of this (based on Armbian, containing a lot of performance tweaks). And please take your time to read through my other post above (the links there)

• thx @tkaiser for the new and actual Link.
    Will test it ....

tried to install Java8, getting error:

Tried to install JDownloader:

Is this fstab ok?
    UUID=194f6e31-c607-4344-a53c-0d88cf35b09e / btrfs defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,compress=lzo 0 1
    UUID=0aed55de-8730-4609-86bb-ceff9f4b0e1a /boot ext4 defaults,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 2
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/NAS /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

And why is there no switch to activate "Flash-Speicher"?

• tried to install Java8, getting error:

Please ask Oracle, it's a redirect loop between their servers ending in 'ERROR 404: Not Found.' -- maybe this is fixed within few hours (at their servers), maybe not.

Wrt other problems it's usually related to not paying attention to readme.txt at the download location:

Code
    - OMV installation finalizes itself at first boot (network connection
        needed!) Please be patient since this can take up to 15 minutes.
        When done the board automatically reboots once and afterwards OMV
        is ready to be used

I tested with the BPi image maybe 20 times or even more and flash-memory plugin always worked as expected without any configuration needed. So no idea what's going on... 'output from 'armbianmonitor -u' via SSH would help though.

• i waited 25 minutes.
    But couldnt see any progress or reboot. Then I started apt-get update/upgrade/clean etc. with putty.

UPDATE:
    Started from scratch,
    this time, the Switch in flash-speicher option is visible.
    Maybe it was just to late last night. Board rebooted after 6-7 minutes.

UPDATE2:
    after updating all files (update&upgrade) the switch is gone again.... ? :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!