HP N40L doesn't see any hard drives

• I have an HP N40L with 6x4tb hard drives. I initially tried to install version 4 with a thumb drive and installing the OS to a 2.5'' usb portable drive. I used the AMD version since the CPU is AMD.
    I never had any success with the install and I'd end up at a grub rescue prompt after the install. The installation only had the install thumb drive and the 2.5'' installation drive plugged in. When I had no luck, I tried to install the OS to the 2.5'' drive when using an open sata port. Still nothing so I tried version 3. Progress was made here BUT, at the webgui, I see nothing. Just a user option, general information, but nothing on the hard drives. And yes, they are plugged in only after the installation is completed and a power down.
    I never get any errors during the installation.
    I'm using the BIOS mod so that I can use all the sata/esata ports for my setup. During boot, the bios detects all drives. I wanna say it said IDE next to all of them. I went through the settings to make sure they were all raid capable.
    What am I missing here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you didn't login as admin (password is openmediavault) to the web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• :oops: I was so focused on changing the root password that I was mistaking it for the admin account.
    so I found everything afterwards. Then, I moved the OS drive from a sata connection to the usb port on the mobo. That apparently didn't work so well as it put me to a grub rescue prompt. I then started over on the install but since the OS kept showing up as sdb, I knew I was screwed. So, I burned the image to a cd and installed the OS that way. My usb OS drive showed up as sda and I'm up and running.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!