Medusa and docker problem

• Medusa and docker problem

Hi everybody,

today I wanted to give a try to Medusa, cause I find some limitations to SickRage that I use since few months.
      Unfortunatly I was unable to install it (via Docker hub.docker.com/r/lsioarmhf/medusa/ ).

When I create the image with this command :

Source Code

1. docker create \
      2. --name=medusa \
      3. -v /opt/medusa:/config \
      4. -v /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX31DA5D65RF-part1/DOWNLOADS/MEDUSA:/downloads \
      5. -v /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX31DA5D65RF-part1/VIDEOTHEQUE/SERIES:/tv \
      6. -e PGID=1000 -e PUID=100 \
      7. -e TZ=Europe/London \
      8. -p 8082:8082 \
      9. lsioarmhf/medusa
      I get a "data container" witch is Stopped and that I cannot modify through the docker gui.

Could someone help me through the installation process ? :)

I'm running OMV 3.0.89
    • Seems like my problem isn't really popular ^^
      I tried to replace the "docker create" command by the "docker run" , I have a container running... but I'm unable to see anything through the 8082 ports.

Is it ok that even when I configure those ports, I see in the Docker Gui my 8082 TCP ports AND a 8081 port configured ?
    • Here is my log :

Brainfuck Source Code

1. docker logs 6a9cfbfbd846
      2. [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
      3. [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
      4. [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
      5. [fix-attrs.d] done.
      6. [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
      7. [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
      8. -------------------------------------
      9. _ _ _
      10. | |___| (_) ___
      11. | / __| | |/ _ \
      12. | \__ \ | | (_) |
      13. |_|___/ |_|\___/
      14. |_|
      15. Brought to you by linuxserver.io
      16. We gratefully accept donations at:
      17. https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
      18. -------------------------------------
      19. GID/UID
      20. -------------------------------------
      21. User uid: 0
      22. User gid: 0
      23. -------------------------------------
      24. chown: changing ownership of '/config': Read-only file system
      25. [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
      26. [cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
      27. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.5': Read-only file system
      28. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.6': Read-only file system
      29. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.2': Read-only file system
      30. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache.db': Read-only file system
      31. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db': Read-only file system
      32. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.5': Read-only file system
      33. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.4': Read-only file system
      34. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.6': Read-only file system
      35. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.1': Read-only file system
      36. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v42.0': Read-only file system
      37. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.1': Read-only file system
      38. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.3': Read-only file system
      39. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.3': Read-only file system
      40. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.7': Read-only file system
      41. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.8': Read-only file system
      42. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/subliminal.dbm.pag': Read-only file system
      43. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/subliminal.dbm.dir': Read-only file system
      44. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/application.dbm.dir': Read-only file system
      45. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/application.dbm.pag': Read-only file system
      46. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache': Read-only file system
      47. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.2': Read-only file system
      48. chown: changing ownership of '/config/failed.db': Read-only file system
      49. chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/application.log': Read-only file system
      50. chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs': Read-only file system
      51. chown: changing ownership of '/config/config.ini': Read-only file system
      52. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.4': Read-only file system
      53. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.7': Read-only file system
      54. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v42.1': Read-only file system
      55. chown: changing ownership of '/config': Read-only file system
      56. [cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 1.
      57. [cont-init.d] done.
      58. [services.d] starting services
      59. [services.d] done.
      60. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      61. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      62. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      63. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      64. [...]
      65. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      66. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      67. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      68. [cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
      69. [cont-finish.d] done.
      70. [s6-finish] syncing disks.
      71. [s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
      72. [s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
      73. [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
      74. [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
      75. [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
      76. [fix-attrs.d] done.
      77. [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
      78. [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
      79. usermod: no changes
      80. -------------------------------------
      81. _ _ _
      82. | |___| (_) ___
      83. | / __| | |/ _ \
      84. | \__ \ | | (_) |
      85. |_|___/ |_|\___/
      86. |_|
      87. Brought to you by linuxserver.io
      88. We gratefully accept donations at:
      89. https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
      90. -------------------------------------
      91. GID/UID
      92. -------------------------------------
      93. User uid: 0
      94. User gid: 0
      95. -------------------------------------
      96. chown: changing ownership of '/config': Read-only file system
      97. [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
      98. [cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
      99. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.5': Read-only file system
      100. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.6': Read-only file system
      101. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.2': Read-only file system
      102. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache.db': Read-only file system
      103. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db': Read-only file system
      104. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.5': Read-only file system
      105. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.4': Read-only file system
      106. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.6': Read-only file system
      107. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.1': Read-only file system
      108. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v42.0': Read-only file system
      109. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.1': Read-only file system
      110. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.3': Read-only file system
      111. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.3': Read-only file system
      112. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.7': Read-only file system
      113. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.8': Read-only file system
      114. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/subliminal.dbm.pag': Read-only file system
      115. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/subliminal.dbm.dir': Read-only file system
      116. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/application.dbm.dir': Read-only file system
      117. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache/application.dbm.pag': Read-only file system
      118. chown: changing ownership of '/config/cache': Read-only file system
      119. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.2': Read-only file system
      120. chown: changing ownership of '/config/failed.db': Read-only file system
      121. chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs/application.log': Read-only file system
      122. chown: changing ownership of '/config/Logs': Read-only file system
      123. chown: changing ownership of '/config/config.ini': Read-only file system
      124. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v44.4': Read-only file system
      125. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v43.7': Read-only file system
      126. chown: changing ownership of '/config/main.db.v42.1': Read-only file system
      127. chown: changing ownership of '/config': Read-only file system
      128. [cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 1.
      129. [cont-init.d] done.
      130. [services.d] starting services
      131. [services.d] done.
      132. Data directory must be writeable: /config
      Display All
      I don't understand how to make the /config directory writable.
      In my OMV shared folders I used ACL and checked :
      admin user/group
      root user/group

Anything I am missing ?
    • okay first up

hostport: 8082
      exposed port: 8081/tcp
      like this> i.imgur.com/zPYnavX.png

then you need to set a directory for your TV-shows & a Downloads and Config like this:

i.imgur.com/tMdGfJu.png

notice that under the hostpath u need to put your own Directory four your "TV-Shows download directory" and where to put all the config files and also a download folder

i suggest making a directory that named /docker-configs/medusa in root of your OMV drive, (with ssh) and keep set the configs for medusa for that directory (/docker-configs/medusa) thats the way i would have done it (you can do this through ssh) :)

edit: show me how your configures is in the container like i did :)

edit 2: if you need any further help, you can add me on discord "FilleDK#7643" (admin, remove this last line if its not allowed here) :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by filledk ().

• Thanks @filledk for your answer !

First of all, I'd like to use side by side Sickrage AND Medusa (in order to test Medusa first).
      Am I wrong if I configure like this ?
      hostport: 8082
      exposed port: 8082/tcp >> because 8081 is used by SR.

I allready made the directories you told me, and pointed it to the /config , /downloads, /tv

Here is my config :

• Ammiraglio
      no it shouldnt, its just to test if he can get it working...

gulihem
      what you need to disable the R/O (Read Only) in the for the /config , /downloads, /tv and save that by clicking on> i.imgur.com/hbVTzCp.png

if you cannot disable the R/O (Read Only) may actully have to create a new container with the same data to be able to to disable the R/O (but first try with editing it)

Edit: u might have to use the "linuxserver/medusa" instead (thats what i used anyway and it worked

Edit 2: the linuxserver/medusa (might) actully NOT work for a ARM processor,

The post was edited 1 time, last by filledk ().

• Thanks for your replies :)

I managed to make Medusa work... basically using the medusa github repository in the Sickbeard config.
      I did not manage to have a working docker container so I dropped this idea ^^

Just for my knowledge : I tried to disable the R/O property on thoses folders.... but I failed ! How do I do that thing ?