hi cpu temperature

• Ok can you give me the complete command, not real sure how to use htop.
    The CPU is at almost zero load.
    I felt the heat sync on the cpu and it isnt very warm.
    Raspberrypi 3, soft ware version 3.0.88

Rich Prim

• Hey,
    I think 50°C is fine for this board.
    All my RPi's v1 + v2 are all around this temp from a long time ago without any problem, inside a plastic case, fanless.
    If I remember well, RPi v3 can be really hot than the others, so 50 looks like nice :)

On all topics on the web I see people with this temp... ;)

• By using heat sinks one can lower the temperature, the housing should not be too closed,
    depending on the craft skill one can drill additional holes.
    htop is the command if it is not installed then:

apt install htop

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

• additional holes can help.

They barely help, it's easy to verify this by installing RPi-Monitor and then compare before and after. A large and properly attached heatsink will improve the SoC's heat dissipation but 50°C are nothing to worry about anyway. If people are happy with cramping electronics devices in tiny insufficient enclosures they should do so but don't fear the consequences :)

BTW: On latest RPi OMV images you can always run 'sudo armbianmonitor -m' for some thermal/load monitoring but as already said: 50°C can be considered pretty normal when insufficient enclosures are used (applies to almost all available RPi enclosures).

BTW: These temperature numbers are the result of a proprietary firmware using a thermal sensor inside the SoC which is located not that close to the CPU cores anyway. The reported numbers especially on RPi 3 varied a lot depending on firmware/bootloader version so before I would trust in anything I would always do the thumb test first (you and your thumb operate at ~37°C and your thumb is a giant heatsink)

• Yes I believe you are correct that this is not a problem.
    I did hook up a second RPi 3 to my server bracket and its heat sync feels the same, but registers 41 degrees C instead of 50.
    Thanks for the info.

Rich Prim

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!