Suddenly OMV 3 needs 5 mins to boot

• Hi!

Suddenly i got a problem with my OMV build. Everything was working just fine until yesterday.

Now my System needs nearly 5 minutes to boot up. After booting I got 2 mails from OMV...

First:

Second:

I attached Boot and Syslog!

If you need any infos...pls let me know.

Hope to get this fixed.

From Suspend the system is online within a few seconds.

The Pictures show the boot process and the time it stands still

• Seems the problem is not fixed yet. Again, my rig, needs 5 mins to boot up.

Tried to reconfigure the network interface with omv-firstaid...got an error message

Code
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Output of the two files mentioned above

Is there a way to reinstall openmediavault without losing my config? Or anything else to fix this problem.

• what happens if you run command:

ifconfig

????

This is the output when the NAS is running.

• Disabled Docker and its still the same.... ;(

Inside of the interfaces file:

As attachment the actual boot and syslog...also again got 2 mails regarding collectd....see first post.

• Then i get this:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Details:

Output of the 2 files:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Logs don't say much about what's going on, could be the card failing or maybe the kernel module r8169 is not working properly.

You can try and install the official realtek driver (r8168) instead of using the kernel tree one (r8169)

https://unixblogger.com/2016/0…68-working-updated-guide/

debian now provides a dkms package from realtek source tar so you should use the first method.

Check with apt-cache policy r8168-dkms

A common recommend is to whenever you can, use intel nic cards

• I can try this but the question is why this happens frim one day to another. Everything was just working fine for about an year. I think something is messed up in Devian itself or openmediavault. Is there someway to chekc the systemfiles? Or is there a way to reinstall everything without losing my config...especially from Docker?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can reinstall but Omv will need to be reconfigured manually. Docker should be fine as long as folder maps remain the same in the host side.
    You can do a checkup of the hash checksums of files from packages do see if there is any data corruption there.
    Also can you clarify into what kind of media is Omv installed ?

• Thats the output of dpkg --verify:

• Thats the output of dpkg --verify

Looks fine, your installation is intact and you should really start to focus on the usual suspects (hardware) instead of software all the time. When there are 'interface bring up' issues the first thing to do is to check for interconnection problems at the hardware layer (always search/test from bottom to top)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!