ProFTP not starting correctly on boot

• I am migrating my OMV2 installation to OMV3 and encountered 2 issues with ProFTPD.

1. When i boot up proftpd fails to start as you can see in the following paste. When i turn it off and on again it then starts fine.

Code
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon...
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS proftpd[831]: Starting ftp server: proftpd2017-10-18 10:33:08,892 debNAS proftpd[912]: warning: handling possibly truncated configuration data at line 10 of '/etc/proftpd/tls.conf'
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS proftpd[831]: 2017-10-18 10:33:08,902 debNAS proftpd[912]: fatal: MasqueradeAddress: unable to resolve "xxx.xxx.xxx" on line 58 of '/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf'
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS systemd[1]: proftpd.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon.
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS systemd[1]: Unit proftpd.service entered failed state.
    Okt 18 10:33:08 debNAS proftpd[831]: failed!

... where xxx.xxx.xxx is my dyndns address.

2. It comes up with a warning about tls.conf. It seems to work fine so not sure where this warning comes from.

Not sure if this helps for anything, but here is my tls.conf

• Ok i just found out that i was right with my assumption to change boot order. Network has to be available before proftpd start, so it is able to resolve the dyndns host.

Here is the solution: https://forums.proftpd.org/smf/index.php?topic=3747.0

Unfortunately the solution does not seem to apply for OMV. How can i start proftpd service at a later point in boot process?

I tried:

Code
    update-rc.d -f proftpd remove
    update-rc.d proftpd defaults 06

But proftpd always appears again as

Code
    S02proftpd -> ../init.d/proftpd

What am i doing wrong?

• How can i start proftpd service at a later point in boot process?

By modifying the respective systemd unit file and add there the needed dependencies. Since this might break with future package updates I would add to /etc/rc.local prior to the 'exit 0' line something like this:

Code
    (sleep 10 && systemctl restart proftpd)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!