Teamviewer host not changing password

• Hi everyone, I'm having some issue changing password for teamviewer host.

The plugin seems straightforward there is just three buttons, activate teamviwer host and reset password or changing id.
    So I would expect reset password to change teamviwer password to connect to it.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to work, I tried Reset password with the plugin activated and deactivated also, still when I try to connect to it, it says the password is wrong so clearly is not changing it.

Am I missing something here, how to properly use it?

Moreover, I was looking through the forum and the omv wiki, but found nothing about teamviewer host plugin (or other plugins I was looking at back in the past) so I'm wondering did I miss some other sites where the plugin are discussed?! or maybe some github pages?!?

It seems strange to me that a plugin is been created for omv, but there is none discussion about it or some threads from who requested or created it.
    So I hope I have looked everywhere, but if I'm missing some specific thread please advise

• Nevermind, I solved by my own, through ssh and the command

teamviewer passwd newpass

I just found out is not a plugin problem, it's just teamviewer not accepting more than 12 characters as password, so if you put more than 12 in the gui it will not be changed, but didn't give you any error message\alert about it through the webgui\plugin.
    You get it just from commandline:

Code
    # teamviewer passwd aztesk0nnoArchit213124

password too long  - use 12 or less characters [E12]

That's security, good job teamviewer team 8| never seen a software complaining about too long password :°D always the other way around.

Anyway @ryecoaaron maybe could be a good idea to replicate the same message through the webgui\plugin too?! sorry to have called you in the discussion, but I don't know who created the plugin, so I hope you know who is he and point me in the right direction for plugin feature asks maybe?!

• Offizieller Beitrag

teamviewer passwd newpass

This is what the reset button in the plugin does - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…pc/teamviewerhost.inc#L70

I was looking through the forum and the omv wiki, but found nothing about teamviewer host plugin (or other plugins I was looking at back in the past) so I'm wondering did I miss some other sites where the plugin are discussed?! or maybe some github pages?!?

Have you looked at omv-extras.org? It shows the plugins that are actually in the repo. https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers will show you plugin that exist.

so if you put more than 12 in the gui it will not be changed

I will change the plugin to allow 12 characters max.

sorry to have called you in the discussion, but I don't know who created the plugin, so I hope you know who is he and point me in the right direction for plugin feature asks maybe?!

I wrote it.

It seems strange to me that a plugin is been created for omv, but there is none discussion about it or some threads from who requested or created it.

No one requsted it. I created it for myself. Normally, there is a request for a plugin when it is created but there wasn't this time. And I guess I didn't think to announce it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

my case is that do not show ID to conect.

Parsing for the ID is a pain in the ass. What is the output of the following:

teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:"
    teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" | tr -d "[:cntrl:]" | tr -d " " | tail -c9

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Code
    Last login: Mon Oct  9 17:59:02 2017 from 192.168.1.100
    root@vbox:~# teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:"
     TeamViewer ID:
    root@vbox:~#

Code
    root@vbox:~# teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" | tr -d "[:cntrl:]" | tr -d " " | tail -c9                           werID:[0mroot@vbox:~# teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" | tr -d "[:cntrl:]" | tr -d " " | tail -c9
    werID:[0mroot@vbox:~#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't show a correct id because you don't have an id. Did you try the command it recommends: teamviewer --daemon restart

• more info:

teamviewer --daemon restart do not solve problem.

try to delete pluging and reinstall?

• re-install pluging do not works, same output to teamviewer info:

Screen capture of mi tesy enviroment & version of OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just installed on my test VM and it works fine. not sure what is wrong.

• only see this error: oct 19 19:08:51 vbox systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory

But directory exist and PID is correct:

root@vbox:~# cd /var/run
    root@vbox:/var/run# cat /var/run/teamviewerd.pid
    4942root@vbox:/var/run#

perhaps permision of this file?:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 oct 19 19:08 teamviewerd.ipc
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 oct 19 19:08 teamviewerd.pid

nope: change permision is not the problem, thefile is deleted when daemon stop and recreated when start.

• @ryecoaaron thanks man, no big deal, actually, after I tried to make the command through command line I understood what was going on, I just thought to share the webgui "issue" not warning you, so newcomers and non commandline expert can troubleshoot it better.

Anyway thanks for the headsup on omv extras.org I knew that, but there is no wiki for the plugins, I was looking more for something like that for the various plugin, I guess there are not much man power for it, apart from some guides on this forum, so I would like to partecipate and give you my help for it, if you will ever decide to create something like that in a "more official" way, I would be honored to give something back to this project :)

While we are at it, I just would like to ask you a question without open a new thread, just for curiosity, the most painful aspect of reinstalling omv to me it's reset the firewall rules for the new build etc, mostly because the repetitive task to add port one by one, and when you start to playing around with your omv box the list can became quite long, I was wondering is it difficult to implement a button on the omv firewall to be able to load\save iptables configuration?!

Like a couple of button for iptables-save > file.conf and iptables-restore < file.conf, because unfortunately doing this through the terminal of course does work, but the ports will not be displayed in the gui aswell, so not very useful, I was wondering if could be implemented in the gui directly, but I don't know how much work this is though, just asking out of curiosity

• Offizieller Beitrag

there is no wiki for the plugins, I was looking more for something like that for the various plugin,

There is a wiki for each plugin repo on github (just addedone for omv-extras) but I don't have time to do that. If you want contribute content, you are more than welcome.

While we are at it, I just would like to ask you a question without open a new thread, just for curiosity, the most painful aspect of reinstalling omv to me it's reset the firewall rules for the new build etc, mostly because the repetitive task to add port one by one, and when you start to playing around with your omv box the list can became quite long, I was wondering is it difficult to implement a button on the omv firewall to be able to load\save iptables configuration?!

Like a couple of button for iptables-save > file.conf and iptables-restore < file.conf, because unfortunately doing this through the terminal of course does work, but the ports will not be displayed in the gui aswell, so not very useful, I was wondering if could be implemented in the gui directly, but I don't know how much work this is though, just asking out of curiosity

That is core omv. You could submit a pull request to the omv github page or a feature request to bugtracker.

• @tinh_x7 it depends on what you need it for, the plugin basically installs teamviewer-host on your omv box, once you activate the plugin it will give you the ID associated with it, then you have to push reset password button to set a password for the plugin installed.

When you have done it you can use the id and password you set to connect remotely to your server, through any other teamviewer client.

There are also some other function like for example WOL of other systems on the network without the need of open the magic_packet port (9 UDP, most of the time) on the router or firewalls.

I use this configuration, on a small office to let some of the users turn on their pc remotely and take some files for working from home.
    I guess you can add also it to your client for a fast access with the id and password you created, although I didn't use it this way.

• Did you manage to get it working?

I am experiencing exactly the same issues as you.

The plugin is not getting a valid ID and I am also getting the "systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid" message. Changing file permissions, resetting/reinstalling plugin does not work.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!