Can't access admin panel: OMV3 not showing login mask, I can see backgruound, I can ssh and, disks are working

• Hi,

I tried to install usb backup pluign, got an error and, now I'm no longer able to access OMV.

I see the login page, background and openmedivault logo, but I can't see the login block where to enter admin and password, I can ssh into raspberry and OSX still can connect to disks.

I tried

empty browser cache
    sudo reboot
    omv-firstaid

with no luck.

Please help!

• Sorry for the late reply, I was out of office,

here is the result:

• Code
    $ dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    iU  openmediavault                 3.0.89                          all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory     3.4.3                           all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-forkeddaapd     3.1.8                           all          OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                             all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-netatalk        3.2.7                           all          OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    3.4.20                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-resetperms      3.2                             all          Reset Permissions
    iU  openmediavault-usbbackup       3.2.20                          all          OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin
  • here is the results, is it ok?

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      libjs-extjs5 python3-sysv-ipc tftpd-hpa
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 115 not upgraded.
    2 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    E: Internal Error, No file name for openmediavault:armhf
  • here is the results, is it ok?

If the last line contains the word 'Error' of course not. So you're running on a Raspberry Pi for months on a 16 GB SD card with 2 USB disks? Maybe it's just the SD card dying (they do it all. The crappy ones even pretty fast). You could check dmesg output for read errors (dmesg | grep mmc) and verify installation by doing a 'dpkg --verify'.

• ok, so the first line, gives:

Whereas dpkg --verify returns:

• ok, so the first line, gives:

Whereas dpkg --verify returns:

I did use: omv-firstaid
    then selected option 1
    and connected to the webinterface: IP:80

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!