Can't login in WebGUI, SSH working, root is full

• Dear community,

I am using OMV 3 with SnapRAID and Union filesystem (mergerfs). Everything was working fine.

I used the command

mv folder 1 folder 2 in the folder /srv/0b5379ae-d1cb-46a6-abf1-f79b680e4d2d

After a couple of minutes I got the error that the destination is full. I liked to check what's going on in the WebGUI but I couldn't login anymore.
    In an other post I read that i have to check the root disk with df -h and yes my root disk is full:

With google I can help myself with Linux but I am far from a professional linux user, therefore I don't know how I have to proceed.
    How can I find the data I have to delete on sda1?
    And for the future: How shall I move data on the merferfs "volume" without getting into the same problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

• Offizieller Beitrag

mv folder 1 folder 2 in the folder /srv/0b5379ae-d1cb-46a6-abf1-f79b680e4d2d

Were you in the /srv/ob53... folder? What is the exact command you used? Moving data on the mergerfs pool wouldn't fill up root unless you were in the wrong directory and moved it to the os drive. What is the output of: du -d1 -BM | sort -n

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I solved it myself. The command I used was

mv Videos /Media

which copied everything to the root Media folder and not to /srv/0b5379ae-d1cb-46a6-abf1-f79b680e4d2d/Media as I intended.

P.S.: I was in the /srv/ob53... folder

• Hmmm strang thing is that I also have data in:

/srv/0b5379ae-d1cb-46a6-abf1-f79b680e4d2d/Media/Videos

so the move command did move something to the correct folder but also to /Media/Vidoes

I guess I will use the complete path information in the future.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Videos folder is definitely on the os drive. The os drive filled so your move command didn't complete. That is why there is still data in that folder.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I started now this command:

mv /srv/0b5379ae-d1cb-46a6-abf1-f79b680e4d2d/Videos/* /srv/0b5379ae-d1cb-46a6-abf1-f79b680e4d2d/Media/Videos/

What I don't understand is that the command is still running. It seems the system is copying the data and then deleting it. In windows I am used to it that as long as the data remains on the
    same disk, only the pointer is changed. Does that mean that mergerfs can't handle "move" commands the same way and it is actually copying/deleting the data between disks?

• Offizieller Beitrag

In windows I am used to it that as long as the data remains on the
    same disk, only the pointer is changed.

A mergerfs pool isn't a disk.

Does that mean that mergerfs can't handle "move" commands the same way and it is actually copying/deleting the data between disks?

No because you are copying between filesystems even if mergerfs is working on top of other filesystems. I would've executed this from the drive mount points instead of the mergerfs mount point.

• you mean these, or?

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-68N32N0_WD-WCC7K4DV8YTA-part1
    /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-68WT0N0_WD-WCC4E5ESCZUN-part1
    /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-68WT0N0_WD-WCC4E5XX5S5J-part1
    /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-68N32N0_WD-WCC7K0HRSCKE-part1
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Yep.

• Fun information:

Move now completed and snapraid diff results looks like this:

625 equal
    0 added
    197 removed
    0 updated
    74 moved
    197 copied
    0 restored

The "74 moved" were from the first command which "broke" the system (=> full OS disk). Second move command is recognized as copied and removed. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!