Random unrelated Raspberry Pi chit chat

• Hi! First, i love my Pi :)
    I use the old raspbian OMV Image on a RPi3 and use it for a lot of stuff with a attached 1TB WD portable without a hub for:
    - TimeMachine Backups. Yes its slow but I don't care. its done when its done
    - PiMatic with 16 Plugins as home automation hub
    - PiHole (network ad blocker)
    - Plex. Dont need transcoding cause I use a odroid c2 with openpht.
    Btw. the Pi can transcode DTS streams really good. good for local streams, cause the iOS App doesn't support DTS but direct stream of any AVC-stream and if you setup the encoder to ultrafast, you can transcode whole 1080p files to 480p. for vacation ie its fine
    - Jdownloader
    - Flexget
    - MotionEyeOS with one old Android cam
    - Seafile Server. Just for fun. Maybe with Pi4 and Gigabit someday for serious usage

Occasionally I kill the pi when Jdownloader extract files and I have a lot of motion on the cam, but in daily use, the downloader runs at night and then motion is turned off then. so its not a big issue.

1. do i have any advantage / disadvantage switch to your Arabian image when it comes to performance?
    2. can I upgrade my old OMV3 raspian installation to OMV4 someday?

btw. here is my server room :D

i forgot one job. there are various audio stream recorder jobs with curl and some for video with ffmpeg.
    and with a python script I crate a podcast feed for this files.
    http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/…eate-podcast-rss.html?m=1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I love the server room and the cable management system. :thumbup:
    (The server room - is that a walnut cabinet? If the inside looks that that, I image the outside is awesome. Beautiful wood.)

I was looking into Domoticz for using a PI as a home automation controller/hub. This is the first I've heard of PiMatic and PiHole for that matter. Given the deluge of internet advertising, which is rapidly becoming invasive, PiHole is really interesting to me.

Regarding PiHole - I installed it on an OMV VM. The location where the management web page is supposed to reside in my install (192.168.1.66/admin) produces a 404 error. If you're using an earlier version of OMV 3, do you have some sort of work around?

In any case, thanks for the post.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!