Plex update?

• Hi,

I am on the latest Plex plugin on OMV, which is Plex Server Version 1.9.4.4325
    However I am having some Auth-problems when using together with Organizr, newer Plex versions should solve this.
    Is it possible to get an update on the OMV Plex plugin?

I would be very happy about that!

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plex plugin has nothing to do with the version of plex installed because enabling the plex repo in omv-extras enables the official plex repo (except on arm). So, you should see updates in the Updates tab when they are available from plex. Looking on my system, 1.9.4 is the newest available.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plex plugin has nothing to do with the version of plex installed because enabling the plex repo in omv-extras enables the official plex repo (except on arm). So, you should see updates in the Updates tab when they are available from plex. Looking on my system, 1.9.4 is the newest available.

Aha, nice! Never know that!
    Now I saw that it was only realeased for Plex Pass members, which I am not!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now I saw that it was only realeased for Plex Pass members, which I am not!

I always thought it was strange that they would "let" their paying members do their release testing :)

• Hi all,

I have plex installed and working fine on my new linux board (rock64 - armv8). Running OMV 3 / Jessie / Armbian (armhf). I have the plexmediaserver repo enabled and I have installed the plex plugin. All good!

I'm trying to work out if/how the Plex server (PMS) will update using this config. From reading this thread, i think updates for PMS will show as an update (or using apt-get from the CLI) but not for linux. Is this correct?

I have found a script/tool called plexupdate which might be a solution. I have tried this but it returns an error when it tries to find the correct file/folder for the update. Error is:

ERROR: Unable to retrieve the URL needed for download (Query DISTRO: ubuntu, BUILD: linux-ubuntu-aarch64)

the 'aarch64' is returned from uname -m (on my rock64 board). Also not sure about ubuntu as the distro.

looking at the code behind the install manually link from within the PMS GUI, i see the following:

<a class="install-manual-link" href="https://plex.tv/downloads/latest/1?channel=16&build=linux-annapurnatrans-arm7&distro=readynas6&X-Plex-Token=57vHwdqZpoz69YKXk8Ua" target="_blank">Please install manually.</a>

key parts to the URL are:
    build=linux-annapurnatrans-arm7
    distro=readynas6

Any tips/advice appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Updates show up in "update management" as any other update of OMV or plug-ins.
    There might be some delay between the release of a new plex vesion and the availability through OMV update management.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even for armhf version of PMS?

The armhf version has to be manually updated by me. I just updated it to 1.9.7.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

plexupdate script

Never heard of it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

might save you from having to copy the new installer to the repo every time there is an update.

I only have to do this for arm. i386 and amd64 use the official plex repo which is no work at all. The arm package is created by uglymagoo and just takes a few seconds every month or so.

• plexupdate is a script that does look quite useful - might save you from having to copy the new installer to the repo every time there is an update. I am quite close to working out why it doesn't work but stopped as you have solved my question. Link below if you want to take a look.

https://github.com/mrworf/plexupdate

Run plexupdate.sh -l to see the list of supported distributions.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• @gderf - thanks. That is a really useful tip. the output does list the file that the PMS link downloads but this is different to the package that is created by uglymagoo (i think).

Pleased that plexupdate didn't work as I think it would have caused issues with my plex install...

• plexupdate.sh -l shows the Linux distributions supported by the program.

plexupdate.sh -r shows the URL to the PMS file that would be downloaded for your configuration.

My guess is that whatever OS platform you are running on, it's not supported by plexupdate.sh.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!