Setup network scanning with HP AiO?

• Hi,

I have a HP Deskjet 2130 which is an AiO, printer/scanner.
    Downloaded the Cups Printing plugin in OMV, and printing works great.
    But how do I activate the scanning part?

It shows up in windows as a printer/scanner, but I cannot scan with it?

Any help is appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is a usb printer so you can share the printer with cups. The scanner is probably direct connect to a computer only. You might be able to install virtual box and pass the usb port to a windows virtual machine. Then remote desktop to the vm and control it from that.

Would be easier to get a new ethernet printer / scanner that supports windows shares. They can also support wireless printing like air print, ipp and mopria.

• It is a usb printer so you can share the printer with cups. The scanner is probably direct connect to a computer only. You might be able to install virtual box and pass the usb port to a windows virtual machine. Then remote desktop to the vm and control it from that.

Would be easier to get a new ethernet printer / scanner that supports windows shares. They can also support wireless printing like air print, ipp and mopria.

Yes, it is a really cheap printer, but for what I am using it for, it works!
    Would it be possible to scan an image to the server when pressing the button on the printer?
    https://www.choice.com.au/Asse…uct/hp-deskjet-2130_2.jpg

That way it is saved "locally" but I can reach it from every computer.
    Would be fantastic!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Check in the sane project if the printer is supported. Cups is for printing only.
    I am telling you know sane is pita. You’ll probably need to build the sane source from git, since Debian is probably quite outdated with upstream sane.

I did some sane scanning with a wireless canon aio using Manjaro Linux and I had to build sane from aur to make it work. overall is not that great sometimes it works something doesn’t at all and I have to restart the printer.

• The scanner is probably direct connect to a computer only. You might be able to install virtual box and pass the usb port to a windows virtual machine. Then remote desktop to the vm and control it from that.

Or if it's just one Windows box that should scan and print installing USB Redirector might be an option (installed by default on all the ARM OMV images)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!