OMV-extras bintray issues

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Bintray repos that OMV-extras plugins for OMV 3.x and 4.x are having issues - unsigned or missing Release file. Support has been contacted but this is a free account. So, support generally takes days.

Disabling all omv-extras repos will fix the error message but you won't be able to install or update any omv-extras package.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I didn't hear from support, there seems to be Release.gpg files in all repos (with recent timestamps) now which should solve the OMV 4.x issue. I just uploaded a new plex plugin version which seems to have solved it being missing for the amd64 architecture.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• A hour ago it's works with me. Now I'am getting now errors. It happens when I update the plugins.

• I think you have a network Problem
    ping google.at

I don't think it's his network. I have had nothing but issues with installing Plex for two days now. Even when it installs and updates do not return errors my plex account just keeps looking for server.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think it's his network.

His last output is more than the just the bintray repos. So, it is probably his network.

I have had nothing but issues with installing Plex for two days now

Yep, that is about how long bintray has been having issues with the omv-extras repos. Working for most people now though.

Even when it installs and updates do not return errors my plex account just keeps looking for server.

This is a plex or network issue. Nothing we can do to fix that.

• "This is a plex or network issue. Nothing we can do to fix that."

Well, believe what you want... but I don't have a free account, I have a lifetime plex pass purchased 10 years ago. I also have plex servers running on multiple systems and only the openmediavault install has issues. I also have my openmediavault on a dedicated connection with it's own domain name and IP. Every other service is running fine.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, believe what you want... but I don't have a free account, I have a lifetime plex pass purchased 10 years ago. I also have plex servers running on multiple systems and only the openmediavault install has issues. I also have my openmediavault on a dedicated connection with it's own domain name and IP. Every other service is running fine.

As the plugin author, I can tell you that I have no idea what I would do to fix your problem. Does that sound better? I just installed the plugin on a fresh VM and it works fine. Maybe your database has wrong permissions? I really don't know.

Setting up plexmediaserver (1.9.4.4325-1bf240a65) ...
    Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/plexmediaserver.service to /lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.
    Job for plexmediaserver.service failed. See 'systemctl status plexmediaserver.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
    dpkg: error processing package plexmediaserver (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Even though you blame the plugin, this ^ ^ is a problem installing the plexmediaserver package not the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin package. At this point in the installation, the plugin can do nothing to help.

• As the plugin author, I can tell you that I have no idea what I would do to fix your problem. Does that sound better? I just installed the plugin on a fresh VM and it works fine. Maybe your database has wrong permissions? I really don't know.

Even though you blame the plugin, this ^ ^ is a problem installing the plexmediaserver package not the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin package. At this point in the installation, the plugin can do nothing to help.

I think I have been misunderstood, I am not "blaming" the plugin. There is some discrepancies somewhere within the combination of the OMV base and the Plex Server install. There is a cache file or permissions issue that appears at some unspecified point that I have not been able to determine yet. I too did a fresh install of OMV and Installed the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin package and everything was fine. Installed 100% without issue. Upon completion of all updates and recommended configurations of the OMV itself... Plex breaks.

At this point even updating, uninstalling or attempting to reinstall the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin package fails with horrific and continuous errors. Even to the point where one of the errors received from the Plex repository was "banned IP 180.23...." which was nothing even close to my IP.

I believe the openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin package has an issue, but not due to it's own accord. I believe it's a result of an updated package or patch within OMV updates, since I have installed nothing that is not obtained through the web interface.of OMV.

I am limited for time right now, but will attempt to narrow this down later. Please don't be offended, I am not placing blame or pointing fingers... I'm just saying there is an issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please don't be offended, I am not placing blame or pointing fingers... I'm just saying there is an issue.

I am definitely not offended. I am just tired of dealing with plex and the plugin especially since plex makes changes quite often that are hard to keep up with. I don't like plex or use it and don't want to maintain it but too many people use it. If you can find the solution, great. Otherwise, I might just get rid of the plugin for OMV 4.x and tell people to use docker or something else.

• I am definitely not offended. I am just tired of dealing with plex and the plugin especially since plex makes changes quite often that are hard to keep up with. I don't like plex or use it and don't want to maintain it but too many people use it. If you can find the solution, great. Otherwise, I might just get rid of the plugin for OMV 4.x and tell people to use docker or something else.

I love Plex Media Server, sorry... but I find it simple, clean and efficient. BUT, big BUT, I do understand your issues with it on the install and especially the development end. I can not understand how they simply delete, move or rehash files and repositories and expect people to just go with it. More often then not it's like the "Public Notice" in Hitchhikers Guide...

“But the plans were on display…”
    “On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the display department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

• OK, no definitive answer here... but I have successfully installed everything... literally and Plex Server works.

I started with a fresh download of openmediavault_3.0.86-amd64.iso and openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb
    Created a Bootable USB of openmediavault 3.0.86 and installed on a 120GB PNY SSD. Used GParted Boot USB to resize the SSD to 16GB Boot and 90GB free space for later use by Plex Database and my WWW directory, NGINX.

I configured static IP, Domain Name Information and Time Zone.

Then I proceeded with every update available. Once completed I installed openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb and proceeded with any updates reported, then installed all items one by one, applying after each install. I skipped openmediavault-plexmediaserver and did not activate the repository either.

Once all the installs and updates where done, minus the openmediavault-plexmediaserver, I mounted and configured all my shares and user accounts.

Once everything was complete and what I believed would be the worse case scenario had been implemented, I proceeded to activate the Plex Server repositories. I then checked for any updates... none. Then I installed openmediavault-plexmediaserver and everything worked.

Previously I would install updates, then openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb and then install all the plugins I desire with plans to create the Shares and accounts after the fact... this is when I was receiving error after error, even though I had done the exact procedure as many as 6 times previously without issue.

So, what do I get from this? I think it was a plex user or process permissions issue. Leaving the creation of the plex user and the installation of the plex server process to last seems to be the easy way to fix it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!