Logs Grows

• Hello All,

This is bit urgent. My logs grows big... My usage of OS drive space (USB flash drive) was 26% on beginning by default. After installing SFTP and restart it started growing. to 47% then to 70% in a few days by itself. I ditched syslog as it was the biggest. but this is not solution.

ls -lhatrS /var/log shows biggest once like this:

Are these sizes normal? I guess not

What I should do? What steps should I undergo?

I cant access logs through OMV web interface... Thinking ditching sys log again and have a look why is growing so big so quick....

EDIT:
    Looking in logs it seems it is Notifications related issue. I wanted to turn Notifications off but I can't cause error message:

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, this is not normal. You need to have a look into it to find out what is spamming your syslog. If you delete the files, please keep in mind to restart the rsyslog service.

• OK, somehow I succeeded to turn Notifications off and syslog calm down watching it with command: tail -f -n 10 /var/log/syslog
    I'll let it for couple days to observe - if logs grows or not, and if not I'll try go through Notifications settings again...

EDIT & SOLVED:
    So, after calming things down I have realized that Notifications does not have SSL/TLS ticked on, therefore error logs were written on attempting to send Notification messages.
    Recommendation to the others - make double sure that Notifications are set right and working by Sending a test mail and actually receiving it on Recipient side.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!