[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+Others

• I've been using the script for a couple of weeks now and I started migrating everything to the plugins yesterday.
    Uninstalled from the script and installed the plugin one by one, but SABnzbd won't install...

After that it just sits until the admin portal times out.

I've ran

Code
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-sabnzbd
    userdel sabnzbd
    apt clean
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get -f install

but I always get this error
    Any help is appreciated!

Haha guess I've lost lurker status

• if you were using the script version make sure /etc/init.d/sabnzbd and the install folder has been deleted, the path will be the path use set when using the script.
    You could also try running

Code
    apt-get -f install

after the plugin fails to install and not after those other commands.

It does not say why it errors so I am not sure whats going on. I had installed it several time on my end with no problems.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Your sabnzbdplus plugin install is great, but installs and old version and in the webgui for OMV i get "cannot connect" Is there a way to get the latest version of sabnzbdplus installed. I'm more familiar with ubuntu and the newest version is in their respository. I've even tried manually installing sab, even adding the ubuntu repository won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Zitat von "xtw1ster"

Your sabnzbdplus plugin install is great, but installs and old version and in the webgui for OMV i get "cannot connect" Is there a way to get the latest version of sabnzbdplus installed. I'm more familiar with ubuntu and the newest version is in their respository. I've even tried manually installing sab, even adding the ubuntu repository won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The plugin will always install the latest version at the time you install it. If there is an update later on the plugin will show an update button that will allow you to install the updated version. The webui issue is fixed but that version is not in the repo just yet.

• Thank you for you prompt response. For some reason i kept getting 0.5 version installed, it was odd. I'm re-installing omv now and will try your script again. Thanks again!

*Edit*

Just re-installed OMV, and use your script to install the sabnzbdplus client. It gives me a sad face with the message "The server refused the connection." Does OMV require a reboot after having run the script? The icon shows under the addons menu, but I get the face and connection refused error. I'm also not able to access the sabnzbdplus webgui using the machineIP:8080. Thanks in advance

*Edit* #2..

The script installs just as your tutorial states. However, I am unable to locate any file or folder with sabnzbdplus in the name. I have an ubuntu server running sabnzbdplus perfectly and can locate the folders and ini file just fine. It just doesn't seem to be anywhere on my omv machine. 5 hours, i dunno whether to cry or laugh..

• Use the plugin and not the script.

I think your getting the plugin version number mixed up with SABnzbd's version number. SABnznd is currently at 7.16 and that is the version the plugin will use.

• I'm sorry for disturbing you with this problem as it is probably a simple fix. I am very new to OMV. When you say "use the plugin" is there somewhere to download said plugin? I just followed the script at the beginning of this thread. Clicking the plugins menu on the left, lists some random plugins in the main window: clamav, omvlvm etc etc. Thanks for your help and paitence

*Edit*:
    Found the plugins and added the repos.
    While installing sabnzbdplus via the plugin I saw this in the small window
    "dpkg: error processing openmediavault-sabnzbd (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 8"

Is that common?

• Uninstall the script version by entering sabnzbd install number prefixed with a - (minus sign) -9 (not sure if correct number)

Uninstall using the plugins page and to be sure run

Code
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-sabnzbd

After that check /etc/init.d/ (ls /etc/init.d) for any left over init script for sab, post the results if your not sure.
    If there are no left over files you should be able to install the plugin again now.

• The error above was received after a wipe of the drive and fresh install of OMV and using the plugin to install sabnzbd. I did not use the script at all. Only added the extras plugin and installed sabnzbd. I was able to setup minidlna with no problems at all. I love OMV, but running it is contingent on sabnzbd working.

Edit: The plugin is listed in the services menu on the left, but when checking in the plugins list, it does not have a blue check mark showing that it is installed. It only shows a red minus sign.

• Found the issue.

The plugin parses sabnzbd.org to obtain the latest version, on the 6th of July a new beta was added. Normally the site only listed proper releases. As the beta versions are stored apart from the main version the plugin can not locate the file and so the post install script fails.

I can allow for this in future versions of the plugin but as you are using an old version you will have to make some changes.

1. Open /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-sabnzbd.postinst

Code
    openmediavault-sabnzbd.postinst

2. change the line

Code
    STABLE=`wget -q http://sabnzbd.org/download/ -O - | \grep sourceforge\.net | grep Linux | \sed 's/.*href=\"\(.*\)\".*/\1/' | sed 's/.*-\(.*\)-.*/\1/'`

to

Code
    STABLE="0.7.18"

3. Ctrl-X to close the file, answer yes to save the file and just press enter on the name of the file.

4. Force the install

Code
    apt-get install -f

• Followed your steps. Received the below:

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Setting up openmediavault-sabnzbd (0.5.4) ...
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-sabnzbd.postinst: 62: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-sabnzbd (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
    configured to not write apport reports
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Updating locale files ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-sabnzbd
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Edit: I guess i'm your newest error finder :( sorry

• Steps i just performed and it looks like it's working.
    1. ran apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-sabnzbd
    2. rebooted
    3. Installed sabnzbd using plugin
    4 Changed the line to STABLE="0.7.18" in /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-sabnzbd.postinst
    5 ran apt-get install -f
    6 rebooted and now the plugin is working correctly.

Glad i'm on a test machine :p

• Glad you got it sorted.
    I hope they will fix the version info on their site, even their download links are incorrect.

The upcoming OMV 1 will have a plugin with a proper fix in case they muck up the version info again in the future.

Miller

• I need some help.. I've tried searching for the solution, on page 21 of this thread they talk about the exact issue I have but neither of the solutions offered resolved it. After logging into OMV I get the following error:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'DirectoryIterator::__construct(js/omv/module/admin): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc:58
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(58): DirectoryIterator->__construct('js/omv/module/a...')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(177): OMVHtmlPage->scanDir('js/omv/module/a...', Array, true)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(111): OMVWebGui->getJavascriptIncludes()
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(38): OMVHtmlPage->render()
    #4 {main}

I believe the error started after I installed Headphones, but I'm not 100% certain as I don't use the GUI very often. I'm running version 0.4.38 of OMV. My directory /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module is empty which is why the solution offered in page 21 didn't work.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

• Has anyone tried to use this version of sickbeard to support german TV series?

http://cytec.us/forum/index.ph…t=openmediavault#post3029

Any idea if I need to remove the openmediavault-sickbeard plugin before instaling it, or should I simply overwrite it?

The reason why I'm asking this is, that I have to download all german episodes manually and only use sickbeard for maintaining them. But there is a clone available that works with german (and most likely other international languages) episodes.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• As far as I know the cytec repo is already in the plugin, so you should be able to download german episodes.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!