CUPS adding printer issue.

• I appear to have an issue with CUPs web management on OMV.

It installs properly and when I click "+ Add" I see OMV "Please wait... Scanning for attached printers" then within the Drop Down menu I see my printer listed "Samsung C460 Series", I select it and click "Next"

...and that's all she wrote. Never quits or succeeds or finishes or anything.

My question is... Is this an lpadmin issue? Do I need to add the "admin" web interface account to lpadmin? If yes, can someone please provide some instructions?

Thank You.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• I added it through http://local.ip.address:631 using the admin username and password and it works perfectly. Not sure why it does not function through OMV interface.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why it does not function through OMV interface.

The plugin hasn't been maintained in a long time. We have a shortage of help around here.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plugin hasn't been maintained in a long time. We have a shortage of help around here.

That's too bad. I have only been using OMV for a couple weeks, but it has changed my entire network layout.

I used Qnap and TerraMaster devices previously. I enjoyed the simple web interfaces of the devices and through my Linux servers in the closet to implement those devices instead.

After discovering OMV and receiving random shutdowns and attacks on the appliance devices, I have sold the devices on eBay and revamped a server installing OMV. So far it's a perfect solution.

NAS and/or Media Devices are great, but limited in versatility and performance. Not to mention patches and security updates are slow or non-existent. Using OMV I gain more freedom and reliability.

I thank you and those who do the diligence that you do. Much appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!