Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

• Thanks a lot for your answer :) even if I got that error the plug-in was installed and now it's working. Do you suggest to uninstall it, correct the source file and then reinstall it?

I'd be really surprised if the back end is actually functioning correctly with an error like that. I could be wrong, so please someone correct me. But if it were me personally, I'd uninstall the plug-in, correct sources, apt update then install again. You shouldn't get an error at all. Or rather, let me put it another way - whenever I've had an error like that things never worked as they were supposed to.

Actually, if memory serves, it's specifically backports contrib you need - but if you add contrib to everything you have it won't hurt.

Can you actually do a:

Code
    zpool status

from the terminal and see your tank? (assuming it's imported).

You should get something like this:

If you don't, it's not working.

Edit: That error appears to show that the kernel module failed to build, so I don't see how it could be working.

• as you said : the status is not correct

I'll uninstall and reinstall the plugin so :)

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Wait!

Editing now, please hold.

Edit: That 'error' you see is just because your pool needs updating. That zpool status does appear to show a working zfs. It's up to you if you want to reinstall the plugin, but the output you see there about "Some supported features are not enabled on the pool" is to do with the version of zfs you created the pool with, and what you have installed now.

To upgrade the pool you would type: zpool upgrade Telefilm

But only do this if you plan to use it with OMV 4 and not go back to 3. You can't downgrade the version. See below.

• I won't plan to upgrade anytime soon for now. I will still probabily uninstall and reinstall just to be safe :) It's 5 minutes works after all

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• For now I also recommend to not do the pool upgrade. Maybe you want get back to omv3 in some days.

@Blabla Don’t you remember my post: Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• I take it all went well then @Blabla? :)

If you had the same error, post the results of:

Code
    uname -a

and

Code
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

And was this a fresh install as you mentioned before or a 3 to 4 upgrade?

But hopefully it all went well :)

• Sorry I didn't had time for my NAS yesterday, I'll control everything tomorrow :(

• Ok I can confirm :) uninstalled the ZFS plug-in -> edited /etc/apt/sources.list -> apt-clean from omv-extra and then installed ZFS again, now I got no error.
    Also I didn't even had to import the ZFS mirror again

• Guys I noticed today that I can't mount the ZFs File system:

How can I solve this? :(
    I don't get how can I remove a pool from the ZFS plug-in. Delete will delete the pool or it will simplyh delete it from the plug-in ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• Up.
    There is some way to delete the voice from ZFS plug-in and them import it again?

Also looking in syslog I found this:
    monit[1456]: 'mountpoint_ZFS' status field (1) -- /ZFS is not a mountpoint

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• solved the problem thanks to the log:

• uninstalled ZFs plugin
    • deleted every folder inside /ZFS after checking that they were empty
    • installed the plug-in, now the ZFS pool isn't already imported
    • imported my pool and now is working

• Offizieller Beitrag

I remember some talk of using proxmox kernel. I don't know if this affect that.

proxmox-ve (5.1-42) unstable; urgency=medium * split out proxmox-ve into own source package and git repository * make repository key a proper conffile * split out kernel meta packages into own packages and git repository * depend on new kernel meta package instead of kernel package directly * move dependency on pve-firmware into pve-kernel-4.13 (meta) package -- Proxmox Support Team <support@proxmox.com> Mon, 5 Mar 2018 14:34:11 +0100

Change log on todays update to proxmox.

FYI

• Guys I update my kernel to 4.15, but I recieved this error:

Code
    status failed (1) -- /ZFS is not a mountpoint

/ZFS is the folder where I'm mounting my ZFS mirror

After that I tried to update the ZFS plugin, but I got this error:

Code
    Setting up openmediavault-zfs (4.0.2-1) ...
    modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-zfs (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.1.4-1) ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-zfs

After that, I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but during the purge it was unable to delete some file, and I got a new error on the same file when I've installed the plug-in again:

Code
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fb4dbe0c8c8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fb4dbe0c8c8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Fatto ...

After installing the plug-in the list of ZFS pool is empty, and if I try to import all ZFS pools existing I get this error:

How should I do? :(

• Yeah I’ve done that by accident before. Tired and upgraded a kernel on autopilot before checking if it was supported by the current ZoL.

You need to move back to 4.14. Did you auto remove the older kernel after installing 4.15? If not, select 4.14 at the grub screen and that’ll get you up and running immediately.

If you removed it, you’ll need to reinstall 4.14. In any case, turf that 4.15 for now, or tell grub to always boot 4.14 for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• After the corresponding kernel-headers are available in the repo ZFS is working well for me with Kernel 4.15.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• I've installed the latest omvextrasorg and the header, but it still not working on 4.15 :(

• For me zfs works as expected after the kernel upgrade. In the morning I saw the available updates for the following packages and installed them:

• linux-kbuild-4.15
    • linux-headers-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-common
    • linux-compiler-gcc-6-x86
    • linux-headers-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    • linux-headers-amd64

After that I had install the kernel package "linux-image-4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64" manually:

This also worked as expected. After that I rebooted my omv into the new kernel and everything was fine.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!