Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

• Yup, definitely happily running with those steps. I slipped in a pair of old zfs disks which formed a mirrored pool and they imported as expected. Zpool status returns what I expect, and it successfully completed a scrub earlier.

Great. :)

I prefer to start from a known baseline when trying to work out what is wrong, so I tend to reinstall from scratch rather than try to fix a broken install.

Each to their own, but you can get old and grey very quickly that way (and learn less). If you’d posted the output of those commands on your existing install and not a new one, I may have seen something obvious in a second and saved you hours.

I understand now that weakref is cosmetic, but it doesn't give you confidence that things are going well when an installation ends in an error message, especially if you don't understand what the error means.

Yeah I do understand that.

As for the error message included in my list of steps, I elided the non error message output before and after it (hence the ellipsis). I've just tried this again, a fresh install in my VM, but the full log is more than the 10k allowed here so I've added it as an attachment. All of the errors seem to be benign.

I’m glad you’re up and running. Another happy customer ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• but at the same time a newcomer to the thread may not wish to read through all the pages if they believe it relates to an older kernel than that which they are using.

It was a great idea! The only problem with a big thread with ever problem is that it's kinda hard to find your problem if already accurred. It would be helpful to have a post with a link to other people problems (like mine the other day) and maybe even the solution.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Lol

• @Tapatalk_Test Please try to edit and save a post immediately. In this case I often got banned in the past. I think this is also a tapatalk problem. But it could also be a forum software issue. Have a look at this thread:

How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

Thanks and regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Please try to edit and save a post immediately. In this case I often got banned in the past. I think this is also a tapatalk problem. But it could also be a forum software issue.

Thanks and regards Hoppel

Restart your app and try now.

It was a great idea! The only problem with a big thread with ever problem is that it's kinda hard to find your problem if already accurred. It would be helpful to have a post with a link to other people problems (like mine the other day) and maybe even the solution.

It might be possible to write a condensed howto but the process does vary depending on version etc so I’m not sure how quickly it will go out of date.

• Well... that worked :D

Check 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Well... that worked :D

So I checked to edit my post with the user @hoppel118 some times in a row within one minute.

After 7 or 8 edits my user got blocked. I think it’s a security feature of the forum software. Can‘t see my post from my regular user @hoppel118. I think it’s in the administration queue.

But this is ok I think. So I have to wait some hours until my account gets unlocked automatically.

Greetings Hoppel

• I think 7-8 edits is upper end. How quickly did you edit? I nearly always see a typo or add something to my posts. But it’s minutes or even hours later. If you did 7-8 edits in a line, I think it’s reasonable that the forum triggered anti-spam.

• Check 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,

There is my check post and my account @hoppel118 is not locked anymore.

No, it’s not fixed. I’ve just been banned replying to your post. :(

Edit: I’ve posted info over at TT’s forums.

How did that happen? What did you do exactly. Quoting a post works fine for me with latest iOS and Tapatalk.

Greetings Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!