No network devices/configuration

• Hi all,

I'd been looking for a new NAS OS to run and OMV caught my eye. I've had it going on a Xenserver VM for a couple days now and been very pleased. However, for whatever reason, I do not see any network configuration within the web GUI. The network interface page is completely blank and the console shows "No network interface(s) available". It does, however, receive DHCP and is completely accessible. I have changed the IP temporarily using ifconfig but I wish I could see it from the GUI. Worst case, I suppose I'll have the router assign the IP I want.

Any solutions to this problem? I had stumbled across a few threads discussing it, but never a real solution. I'm not sure if it's primarily since I'm running virtual, but I know some other threads were talking about running on physical hardware.

Oh, and if it matters, my "server" is just a makeshift box with an Intel DG45ID. Nothing fancy, but don't know if that NIC would play into this problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to add a network interface in the UI first. Normally this is done during installation, but this seems not happened. Maybe you did not execute omv-initsystem if you have installed it manually.

• You know, that seems to have gotten it. I started to add to the page earlier but I was afraid I'd be adding a phantom device or somehow cause a problem. I assigned my usual address for my NAS device and it updated upon saving/applying the settings. Fingers crossed it holds because I'm loving this OS so far!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!