OMV auto connect through WiFi

• I have setup OMV 3.0 with RPI 3. I have connected RPI wireless to Router no LAN cable attached. Whenever I restart my Router RPI loses its wireless connection from Router. I have to just switch off the RPI without shutdown and need to switch on again to get it connected. Setup is headless so I havent attached keyboard/mouse and monitor with RPI. Is there anyway I can get RPI connected automatically when it loses wireless connection from Router ?

• I have connected RPI wireless to Router no LAN cable attached

No idea if you used the 'standard' methods (fiddling around with wpa_supplicant and /etc/network/interfaces files -- at least this would need the 'allow-hotplug $interface' setting there). If you used latest official OMV image for Raspberries then using 'nmtui-connect' via a SSH shell should work while ignoring network settings in the web UI.

I have to just switch off the RPI without shutdown and need to switch on again to get it connected

Good luck since your installation will be bricked soon anyway if you do this all the time.

... same behavior with eth0. Once I restart my router PI is not getting registered until I manually restart it.

So maybe it's just a DHCP issue with your router if even wired connections show these problems. Obvious solution is to switch from DHCP to a static configuration then (or to replace both RPi and the router with something that works)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!