OpenMediaVault Hangs on Boot

• That tells me you have a left entry in the mntent section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml which is probably still visible in the filesystems tab.

That is correct. The entry for the drive was still present in the filesystems tab. I have removed it. It's odd that it's there though. I could have sworn that I removed it earlier. Perhaps I had intended to and forgot about it.

• I finally identified what was wrong! Apparently the issue has nothing to do with OpenMediaVault. It appears that the computer is hanging on boot because the CPU is getting too hot. The computer hasn't shut down at all, so it must not be severe, but it is getting hot enough that the machine will not power on all the way and just hangs at an error message saying that it's too hot to boot up.

I installed the openmediavault-sensors plugin when I set the server up, but I haven't really monitored it as closely as I should have I suppose. Apparently the average temperature has gone up since March when I put this thing together.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!