Jdownloader 2 with VPN

• Hello!

I want to protect my downloads behind a VPN (for me, Ipvanish), but just my downloads plugins (transmission for torrent and jdownloader 2 for direct downloads), so Ftp, plex and the other plugins work without VPN to be accessible from the outside.

I did not manage to use OpenVPN like this: by selecting the plugins to use or not with VPN

After some search, I succeeded with transmission: I use docker with haugene/transmission-openvpn and it work fine for me, after a few attempts

My search are not successful with Jdownloader 2...
    Can someone give me hints, or better, a tutorial, to isolate Jdownloader (or an other direct down manager)?

NB. Sorry for my bad english...

• Old post/thread, but do you have any info, links, tutorials for the docker container and set up that you used. I'm trying to do exaclty as you described. Have only the torrent traffic/plugin piped through the vpn, but everything else through my local ip. Thanks.

• I can confirm that https://hub.docker.com/r/haugene/transmission-openvpn/ image works great (IpVanish for me).
    Don't forget to use LOCAL_NETWORK env variable.

[EDIT] For Jdownloader (or whatever container you want), you can run a OpenVPN container and use that container network for jdownloader container.
    You can look at this https://github.com/dperson/openvpn-client .
    transmission-openvpn image use the same principles

• For Jdownloader (or whatever container you want), you can run a OpenVPN container and use that container network for jdownloader container.
    You can look at this github.com/dperson/openvpn-client .
    transmission-openvpn image use the same principles

So if I'm interpreting dperson's container description correctly, instead of having to run the transmission-openvpn container and a jdownloader-openvpn container (as an example, idk if that even exists) you could just run his openvpn-client container and then use containers for transmission, jd, etc that do not have openvpn built in; they would just leverage the openvpn-client container's vpn connection. That way you don't have multiple unnecessary connections to your vpn in separate containers. If that's the case, that's really cool and I need to work on getting that implemented.

OMV 4.1.22-1 Arrakis | Odroid XU4Q | armhf-gang | docker noob

• Hi
    I come back to this post after several months

I tried several methods to create an OpenVPN IPvanish client via Docker, without ever really succeeding.
    Even less to pass the traffic of a jdownloader container through I try chuckremes/openvpn-client, dperson/openvpn-client with no succeed.
    Finally, I continue to use haugene/transmission-openvpn for Transmission with Http access via local network

I put my nose back in Docker to jdownloader these days because it would make my life easier.
    But I am noob on docker and I really need help.
    Someone would have a tutorial to advise me or even scripts to launch?
    I'm struggling docker run --privileged -d \ -e "OPENVPN_PROVIDER=PIA" \ -e "OPENVPN_CONFIG=Netherlands" \ -e "OPENVPN_USERNAME=user" \ -e "OPENVPN_PASSWORD=pass" \ chuckremes/openvpn-client for chuckremes/openvpn

The script is successful but how to be sure of the connection to the VPN, how to get the Internet IP of this container?
    Next, how can I use this container so the jdownloader or the transmission container pass through?
    And finally, can I manage jdownloader with http like haugene/transmission-openvpn do?

Thanks again for the help!!!

• I think I'm done :D

I tried a lot of methods with a single openvpn container in order to point my other containers on. Such as chuckremes/openvpn-client dperson and others.
    I failed :(

So finally I create my jdownloader container and use the network of my tansmission one:

For transmission, I use

Code
    docker run --privileged --restart=always --name=transmission -d -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Downloads/:/data \
    -e "OPENVPN_PROVIDER=IPVANISH" \
    -e "OPENVPN_USERNAME=xxxx@xx.xx" \
    -e "OPENVPN_PASSWORD=xxxxx" \
    -e "OPENVPN_CONFIG=ipvanish-AL-Tirana-tia-c02" \
    -e "LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24" \
    -e "TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR=/data/Downloads/Torrents" \
    -e "TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR=/data/TorrentTemp" \
    -e "TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR=/data/TorrentSurv" \
    -p 9091:9091 haugene/transmission-openvpn

add your username, pass and for config, use your favorite ovpn

and then, for Jdownloader, I use -net=container:transmission

Code
    docker run -d --name Jdownloader --net=container:transmission --restart=always \
        -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Downloads/Jdownloader/cfg:/opt/JDownloader/cfg \
        -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Downloads/Downloads/Directs:/downloads \
        plusminus/jdownloader2-headless

At first load, after few min for Jdownloader update, stop the container

Code
    docker stop Jdownloader

and modify org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json (in the folder /cfg set upside).

If the file does not exist, create it . Then add your mydownloader mail and password

Code
    {
         "email" : "login",
         "password" : "pass" 
    }

Restart the container

Code
    docker start Jdownloader

And then the Jdownloader container can be adminisstrated with MyJdownloader, Web or apps 8o

You can check you Wan IP with FTP.
    I grabb a file on my OMV Ftp with Jdownloader (ftp://FTPlogin:FTPpass@OMV.WAN.FTP.IPyourLanIP/directories/file) and I check the IP of the device in my OMV gui , in the FTP system logs.

Wonderful :thumbup::thumbup:
    It's my IPVANISH IP!!!!!

If it can help somebody

The thing I have to check is the kill switch.

Edit:

;( Jdwonloader don't write anything to my download folder ( /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Downloads/Downloads/Directs for me).

I'll have to dig a little bit more :S

Edit 2:

Ok just modify the download folder in myjdownloader settings with /downloads
    IT S DONE :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I resolve the Thread

• So if I'm interpreting dperson's container description correctly, instead of having to run the transmission-openvpn container and a jdownloader-openvpn container (as an example, idk if that even exists) you could just run his openvpn-client container and then use containers for transmission, jd, etc that do not have openvpn built in; they would just leverage the openvpn-client container's vpn connection. That way you don't have multiple unnecessary connections to your vpn in separate containers. If that's the case, that's really cool and I need to work on getting that implemented.

@pioneermoney How do you setup one container to use another container network? This seems like 100% the route togo, however I am scratching my head trying to figure out how to make this work within OMV.

-Agster

Intel NUC 6CAYH, 1.5ghz Celeron, 8gbram, 10tb spinning rust.

• I m very interested in this method, but i have no clue where to start.
    Can you help me out ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!