Upgrade from OMV2 to OMV3

• Yes. And that's the part that makes it so difficult.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I see by your signature the exact same hardware (MB and Case for sure) :) Did you have an issues with the upgrade?

It took me several attempts to upgrade OMV 2.x to 3.x. In the end I had to remove every plugin from OMV 2.x before I could get the upgrade to complete successfully and boot into a working OMV 3.x.

I almost gave up trying to upgrade, but I had so much other stuff installed and running on my OMV 2.x machine that doing a fresh install of 3.x and then replicating all those other things looked extremely unattractive.

When I experimented with upgrading to 3.x it was always on an identical copy on my 2.x 16GB SSD. I still have the original in case I ever need to go back to it for some reason.

Good luck with your upgrade, and always operate on a copy of your existing 2.x installation. Every failed attempt I had rendered it non-bootable and when I was able to fix that, it was still mangled beyond repair.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• It took me several attempts to upgrade OMV 2.x to 3.x. In the end I had to remove every plugin from OMV 2.x before I could get the upgrade to complete successfully and boot into a working OMV 3.x.
    I almost gave up trying to upgrade, but I had so much other stuff installed and running on my OMV 2.x machine that doing a fresh install of 3.x and then replicating all those other things looked extremely unattractive.

When I experimented with upgrading to 3.x it was always on an identical copy on my 2.x 16GB SSD. I still have the original in case I ever need to go back to it for some reason.

Good luck with your upgrade, and always operate on a copy of your existing 2.x installation. Every failed attempt I had rendered it non-bootable and when I was able to fix that, it was still mangled beyond repair.

Thank you for the Tips!
    Like you i also run alot more things on my server than just OMV so ya this should be interesting :)

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!