How to install OMV on a single disk?

• I know that it would be better to install OMV to a seperate driver or a USB driver.
    But my case is something different. I want to install OMV on a VPS. And I installed OMV on the Debian 8 system. However, I cannot create shared folder in the system, nor can I manage the file system.
    I have separated a partition for OMV to use, but OMV cannot access it, so how can I make OMV to use that partition?

• Make sure the partition is not mounted. Then after that you should be able to mount it using the omv webui. Once mounted through the webui you should be able to start creating shared folders.

I unmounted the partition before I installed OMV, and then I used OMV webui to mount the partition, but I still cannot create shared folders.
    And after I mounted using the OMV webui, if I want to unmount using the webui, I get the following error:

Code
    The XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[((((fsname='/dev/sda3' or fsname='/dev/disk/by-id/ata-HGST_HTE721010A9E630_JR10036P2VJH3L-part3') or fsname='/dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000cca7dce83e8c-part3') or fsname='/dev/disk/by-uuid/47e9d496-9809-4689-9d65-13c7d1bcb6d9') or fsname='47e9d496-9809-4689-9d65-13c7d1bcb6d9')]' does not return the requested number of 1 object(s).
  • That error means is a duplicate fstab entry. Check the db manually to erase the duplicate.

I've looked the config.xml but seen no meaningful fstab entry.
    The only fstab entry in my config file is:

To be detailed, my fstab file is:

The partition I want to assign to OMV is the /omv partition, so I used umount /dev/sda3 to unmount the partition and then mount the partition in OMV webui. However, I can't make shared folders by doing this.

• Solved.
    [Solution]
    1. Comment the partition OMV want to use:

2. Then reboot and mount the device in OMV webui. Enjoy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!