install

• OMV 3.x
    • Good Morning!

I would install a core Jessie + SSH server. (I will install the XBMC GUI later just in case) I'm not a hardcore linux user, but this is clear.

I just find two different OMV installation instructions. Which is better for me? apt-get installation and OMV via apt.

What is the difference between the

wget -O - http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/archive.key | apt-key add - and a
      apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix ?

I know I will reinstall quiet few times till it works well :) but which is the better instruction?

Thanks
    • macom wrote:

but this one from @tkaiser is probably the most easiest one for non-hardcore-linux-users
      ...with a few optimizations that are only needed on weak ARM boards (eg. flashmemory plugin enabled by default, some Samba tunables set that are essential on SBC and cpufreq governor settings since while powersave is fine on x86 depending on the relevant kernel the ARM board is running with the result can be disastrous).

In other words: Using the x64 ISO is what I would recommend if the 'OMV uses the install disk completely for its own' limitation is understood.
      'OMV problems' with XU4 and Cloudshell 2? Nope, read this first. 'OMV problems' with Cloudshell 1? Nope, just Ohm's law or queue size.