mergerfs questions

• OMV 3.x (stable)
    • Yes I know. Also not what I was asking.

I'll try again. Let's say sda,sdb,sdc,sdd,sde make up a snapraid pool. a,b,c are data and d&e are parity. Let's say I've created a merger-fs mount that combines a directory on sda and sdc. Now, can I put the mergerfs mount directory on sda or sdb or sdc without confusing snapraid? Or must I exclude that directory from snapraid?
    • I have physical data disks sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, and sde. OMV is on a small SSD sdf.

I set up SnapRaid using the plugin with data disks sda, sdb, sdc, and sdd; parity is on sde.

I setup mergerfs by hand in /etc/fstab (the plugin will not allow me to use directories as sources, it only allows entire drives to be used).

I have the megerfs mountpoints on sdc.

I do not exclude the mergerfs mountpoints from SnapRaid, and there have been no problems.

If there were going to be problems with this (I suspect you are thinking of a circular reference type situation), then I would have put the mergerfs mountpoints on the rootfs which is not seen by SnapRAID at all.
      OMV 4.x - ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380
    • Thank you gderf. That answers my question. (I was thinking about the possibility of a circular reference) My configuration is very similar to yours. I would put the mergerfs mountpoints on the rootfs, but then OMV doesn't allow you to share them! At least not through the webui - one could always edit some conf files and make it happen I suppose.