getting SMART errors on removed drive?

• Disable or delete the scheduled tests for the affected drives under Storage | S.M.A.R.T. | Scheduled Tests.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I have no scheduled tests. ?(

Edit: It looks like the decommissioned drive is still listed in /etc/smartd.conf

smartd.conf says not to edit it because changes won't be saved - so where should I remove the offending entry?

• How did you remove the failed drive?

If you just unplugged the disk, that's not good enough. You have to delete it within the OMV GUI before physically removing it.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I unmounted it and removed it. Didn't know I needed to "delete" it. Do I need to reinsert it and delete it to clear up this issue?

If you "delete" a drive, does it delete any filesystems that are on the drive?

• When you delete a drive you should be given a choice as to whether it is removed only or the filesystem is deleted losing the data.

I would put it back in and then fully remove it in the GUI.

--

• I put it back in and if I select delete it warns that all filesystems will be erased.

The solution here I found was to reinsert the drive, go to the SMART tab and disable SMART monitoring for this drive. Then when I unmount and remove the drive, the drive has been unlisted from smartd.conf, so I shouldn't get any more warnings on it.

Marking this thread as resolved. Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!