Rsync notification mail only on error

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rsync notification mail only on error

Hello,

I have several rsync jobs with the --quiet option set in the interface. I've also choosen that the output is send me via mail when some output is generated.

I expected to get only a mail when an error occures.
      Unfortunately in the rsync script of omv, there is a hard coded output:

echo "Please wait, syncing <rsync://omv@storage.lan:/media/> to </media/e57601e6-f19b-427d-8ffb-88bd0ab135ed/media> ...\n"

Because of this, I will get every run of rsync a mail, which this message inside.

Is it possible to suppress this message to archieve the goal, to get only error mails from rsync?

Thank you very much for your reply.
    • I fixed it for me with changing
      /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsync Line 117:

/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsync Line 117 wrote:

-o "echo \"Please wait, syncing <${srcuri}> to <${desturi}> ...\n\"" -n \
      to

-o "echo \"Please wait, syncing <${srcuri}> to <${desturi}> ...\n\" > /dev/null" -n \

This is a dirty hack - not really nice. hopefully there is a better solution.

The post was edited 2 times, last by tux1337 ().

• Could you please communicate which file you have edited? Thanks

The situation with USBbackup is the same. Every file is listed in the generated email. This can lead to a quite big email body. Sometimes they are to big for my email provider. A summary would be sufficient enough for me. Or a simple file attachment. Maybe I can modify the USB backup script similarly.

Btw: This modification may be overwritten by the next update of OMV? Right?
      OMV 3.0.90 (Gray style)
      ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304

The post was edited 2 times, last by cabrio_leo ().