NetData - I would love to see a Plugin for this, but since there is not maybe someone would like this.

• NetData - I would love to see a Plugin for this, but since there is not maybe someone would like this.

I would love to see a plugin on OMV for NetData, but since there currently is not here is what I did and it works perfectly.

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev uuid-dev libmnl-dev gcc make git autoconf autoconf-archive autogen automake pkg-config curl

sudo git clone https://github.com/firehol/netdata.git --depth=1

cd netdata

sudo ./netdata-installer.sh

When completed simply open your servers site and include port 19999 also enable this port within any firewalls configured.

http://server.domain.com:19999

I have not figured out the SSL/https portion as yet, but will update if/when I do.
      OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
      8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.
    • sjdaniels wrote:

sudo ./netdata-installer.sh
      This is the part that makes converting it to a plugin difficult (unless it has arguments to run unattended).
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Yah, unfortunately I didn't think about that. It does not run unattended.
      OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
      8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.
    • In that case, you typically have to duplicate a lot of what the install script does in the plugin. That can be a lot of work and difficult to maintain sometimes.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • I just looked more and there is a dockerfile for it. That means it can be installed unattended. Here is the line with the arguments - github.com/firehol/netdata/blob/master/docker-build.sh#L19. I will look into this a bit more...