Slow transfert SMB OMV 3

• Hi,

I have OMV installed on ESXi 6.5 and I have issue with low transfer speed on SMB.
    I use my computer to copy/paste 4GB iso on a share on hard disk and it's about 30/40MB/s
    If i do the same operation on SSD drive it's about 110MB/s

Until now, we can say it's because of my hard disk drive.

But I do test to create vmdk on Windows VM and use hard disk and it's about 110Mo/s

What is my problem ?

There is something wrond between OMV and my disk but what ?How to solve it

• It's not my HDD.
    With windows it's ok with the SAME HDD.

I do some test some min ago :

Debian 9 on HDD without tools on vmware -> 30MB/s
    WITH tools on vmware -> 113 MB/s

OMV 3 and 4 with or without tools -> 30MB/s

That just means something is wrong on OMV... I would like to know what I have to do to improve it and have good transfer !
    It's not my HDD because there isn't any problem on the same test with debian instead of OMV

I'm going to try to install debian 8 and then OMV3 and see if the issue occurred

• Offizieller Beitrag

That just means something is wrong on OMV... I would like to know what I have to do to improve it and have good transfer !
    It's not my HDD because there isn't any problem on the same test with debian instead of OMV

It isn't wrong. It just means it may not be tuned for your setup. I have no idea why vmware tools would make a difference though. It shouldn't. Did you read any of the samba tuning threads?

I'm going to try to install debian 8 and then OMV3 and see if the issue occurred

This shouldn't change anything.

WITH tools on vmware -> 130 MB/s

Do you have a 10 gigabit adapter?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I do test with debian 8

fresh install no GUI
    I install webmin and create a share -> SMB is slow 30MB/s
    I install openvmtools + reboot -> 40Mo/s

I don't understand nothing...

It seems debian 9 is really better than 8 for SMB share.

No sorry it's not 130MB but 113 I changed it

I do again test with debian 9 -> slow transfert 35 MB/s

I don't know where is the issue.... I just see with windows it's OK but when it's linux -> windows it's not OK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!