Hybrid Raid like Synology SHR-1 or SHR-2?

• Does the OMV has any sort of hybrid raid similar to the SHR-1 or SHR-2(Synology hybrid raid) ?

SHR-1 IS RAID1+5
    SHR-2 IS RAID6

The main advantages of this type of config is that you can use diferent disk sizes and maximize the usable disk space.

If you have 3 disk with the same size in SHR-1 or raid 5 the usable space is the same .
    But if you have 3 disks, 1TB,2Tb,3Tb with SHR-1(raid1+5) you will have 3Tb of available disk space, while with raid 5 will only have 1tb.

I believe this feature would help a lot of users like me who have disks from 250Gb to 2 Tb(2x 250Gb,2x 500Gb,3x 1tb,3x 2Tb) this way we could use diferent size disks and not lose so much space like in a normal raid 5 or 6. :D

Here you can understand better what i am talking about here.
    http://www.synology.com/support/RAID_calculator.php

• Simply don't use raid with different HDDs. Use Greyhole (at the moment you need OMV 0.3 to use the plugin).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!