No Network Interface on 4.0.10 ?

• Why is there no ifconfig or netstat on 4.x ? I managed to find the local IP through my router clients list, but after connecting I have no network interfaces.

I picked up a new APC today and had to move some stuff around, so I figured I would attempt 4.x and I am a bit confused.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• OK, I added it manually and it works... but just FYI for others thinking of the non-stable upgrade, there are other issues.

Lets Encrypt is giving me a headache.
    -bash: ifconfig: command not found.
    Attempt to edit a file : Unable to create directory /home/sjdaniels/.nano: No such file or directory

time for a roll back.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is there no ifconfig or netstat on 4.x ?

netstat was deprecated long ago for ss.

Lets Encrypt is giving me a headache.

This is because of the changes I made (version 3.4.3 of the plugin is available on OMV 3.x and 4.x) and has nothing to do with OMV 4.x. Reporting headaches won't help fix it though.

-bash: ifconfig: command not found.

Also has nothing to do with OMV. Most Linux distros are depreacting ifconfig for the ip tools (i.e. ifconfig is now ip addr)

Attempt to edit a file : Unable to create directory /home/sjdaniels/.nano: No such file or directory

Really? You don't have home directories enabled. When you create a user with home directories disabled, the user has to have a home directory even if it doesn't exist. It defaults to /home/USERNAME because OMV can't create it anywhere else but the design of OMV avoids storing data on the OS drive (the reason it doesn't create a/home/USERNAME directory). All OMV versions have done this. So, either enable home directories (user settings tab) or create the home directory for your user(s).

Just some advice... next time you find a command is not there on OMV 4.x, google that command and Debian Stretch. Sometimes change is good.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yah, I get what your saying on commands... just what I'm use to.

The /home directory I understand, but in 3.x it would at least load the the file. I just get the error on anything I try to nano and never opens anything, not even a new file.

I use /home on 3.x because I enabled it manually. I'm using a 120GB SSD and full partition. But, even if it's not enabled at least nano launched, I would get the error once and that's it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The /home directory I understand, but in 3.x it would at least load the the file. I just get the error on anything I try to nano and never opens anything, not even a new file.

I use /home on 3.x because I enabled it manually. I'm using a 120GB SSD and full partition. But, even if it's not enabled at least nano launched, I would get the error once and that's it.

This still has nothing to do with OMV. OMV doesn't use nano at all. I tried replicating your "problem" and I get the message but pressing enter opens the file as expected:

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yah... I was expecting the "Enter to continue..." but I didn't get it. It just stopped and I had to control c out.

• OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!